[confirm] My Videos nfo importer bugs (including steps to reproduce) (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Then please, you should not comment and say that "everything is fine here", as you're not using the same setup as described. I gave detailed steps for a reason, not following them is like saying "there are no bugs, because it's working fine in one compatible computer".
    It's not my answer. i try to understand , but i think your issue is not on nfo, but on structure file.

but picks the wrong extension for playback of VIDEO_TS movies. VOB instead of IFO
    i have tried on my side, no error, can you post an sample ?

why is it that My Videos selects Ponyo CD2.mkv as the ONLY file to import when the NFO file is called Ponyo cd1.nfo
    i'm sorry, i'm not sure to understand .

Emph, i try to help you, don't think i want say, your are the problem. but my times is limited ...

but MP is not pliant, on folder structure,

PS ::::: have you set your shared folder as "dedicated movie folder ? "

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    but picks the wrong extension for playback of VIDEO_TS movies. VOB instead of IFO
    i have tried on my side, no error, can you post an sample ?

Can you try renaming your nfo file to VIDEO_TS.nfo and place it inside the VIDEO_TS folder? Maybe that's the whole reason for this happening?

Emph, i try to help you, don't think i want say, your are the problem. but my times is limited ...

I know. Sorry for sounding unappreciative, but I have very limited free time also, and I spent about an hour writing the first post so that it would make sense. So it feels frustrating.

PS ::::: have you set your shared folder as "dedicated movie folder ? "

I will have to have a look. I will do some further testing too. Thank you for your help so far!

Edit: In this thread, it's explained what Moving Pictures expects: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nfo-file-on-movies-spltted-into-parts.104362/

As long as this excellent plugin is supported, it would be great if My Videos worked the same way for importing movies.

Emph

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I moved the NFO file from here:

Movie Folder\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.nfo

to:

Movie Folder\VIDEO_TS.nfo

and renamed it to Movietitle.nfo and now My Videos chooses the correct file format (.ifo) instead of (.vob)!

I also tried renaming the NFO file for stacked films from Ponyo cd1.nfo to Ponyo.nfo, but the importer still only imports Ponyo cd2.mkv!

During this scan, the "Prefer video filename for movie search" was not used. Another scan with this option with the following nfo file placement:

Movie Folder\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.nfo

and

Ponyo cd1.nfo

Result:

vob file is selected, same as without the "Prefer video filename for movie search" option. And "Ponyo cd2.mkv" is chosen, so same thing there.

So to conclude my testing, I will suggest that the stacked importing is not working using the NFO importer and that for using VIDEO_TS, the NFO file can't be inside the VIDEO_TS folder (I did yet another scan without renaming the VIDEO_TS.nfo to Moviename.nfo and it chose .ifo instead of .vob).

Emph

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    so,
    if i understand fine
    Vob files working if is set to DVD folder root "ONLY"
    so ,this is an structural management, from MP, for me it's good to have, the nfo on root folder.

about stacked file, i must try to have the same result than you !

Emph what is your version of MP ?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    so,
    if i understand fine
    Vob files working if is set to DVD folder root "ONLY"
    so ,this is an structural management, from MP, for me it's good to have, the nfo on root folder.

Yes, it's a folder hierarchy thing. With all other video containers, mkv, avi, ts, mp4, etc., the nfo file should be in the same file as video, but with VIDEO_TS folders, playback is triggered from the folder name, which is quite unique. I just noticed that the "Every movie is in it's own folder" has NOT been checked. I need to try this and see if that solves this.

I've already moved all of my VIDEO_TS.nfo files to the root of the movie folders, so they should be OK by now, but I will test the "Every movie..." option too.

about stacked file, i must try to have the same result than you !

Thank you!

Emph what is your version of MP ?

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Having "Every movie is in it's own folder" didn't make any difference for VIDEO_TS movies. And for stacked files, the incorrect cd2 file is still only imported.

Moving the VIDEO_TS.nfo from Moviefolder\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.nfo to Moviefolder\VIDEO_TS.nfo had strange results. The movie was picked up by the NFO importer and the IFO was correctly chosen, but here's what's weird. The Swedish movie info in the NFO wasn't imported into My Videos!

So if you're going to test that nfo importing works for you, you will have to have custom data in the NFO file you try to import so that you can see it being imported from the NFO file, or you'll report a false negative on the import bug.

However, if I rename the VIDEO_TS.nfo to Moviename.nfo, the information was picked up properly. But doing this by hand is very time consuming.

Emph

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    However, if I rename the VIDEO_TS.nfo to Moviename.nfo, the information was picked up properly. But doing this by hand is very time consuming.
    Change your scrapper software lol :p

So if you're going to test that nfo importing works for you, you will have to have custom data in the NFO file you try to import so that you can see it being imported from the NFO file, or you'll report a false negative on the import bug.

i can see if it's my nfo or MP scrapper, because none of *MP scrapper is used and set for work for me.
    so if scrappe is in english, nfo are not used.. and also you can read TTXXXXX search in dialog.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Change your scrapper software lol :p

Well, I did. My Videos never worked how I liked it to, then Moving Pictures came around and it was much better. Then IMDB+ was here, and it's now near perfect. Then Deda made huge improvements to My Videos, but used a scraper that is nowhere close to the scraper used in Moving Pictures, so nobody will create a Swedish scraper for it. I only use My Videos for my kids movies, so it's crucial that I can use Swedish. :p

So, instead of just having a Swedish scraper in My Videos, I have to use Moving Pictures + MovPicNFO, export the nfo files, then import them in My Videos. That's a lot of time wasted. And still, it doesn't work.

i can see if it's my nfo or MP scrapper, because none of *MP scrapper is used and set for work for me.
    so if scrappe is in english, nfo are not used.. and also you can read TTXXXXX search in dialog.

Thanks again.
    Emph

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    emph, what is your scrapper ?
    maybe xbne can ;)
    imdb and tmdb are available on it .