[fixed] My Videos PIN protected folders in "Title View"? (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No, you will unlock A and B content with any PIN from A or B.

Sure, this is not so good if you have more kids with big age difference and you have special folders for every kid with different PIN (not to mention if you also have your special folder :) with another PIN), but currently, I don't have any easy and intuitive approach how to do that.

Well, I would say that this is better than what we have at the moment, but such a change needs to be carefully discussed by the team, and fully documents so that someone's kids accidentally don't get access to your (not mine - don't have one!) special folder.

I am happy to test and confirm that this works as expected.

What is stopping this only unlocking content for a share with the specific PIN, and being able to enter another PIN? Is it a lot more complex?

Mark

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Well, now as you wrote "What is stopping this only unlocking content for a share with the specific PIN, and being able to enter another PIN? Is it a lot more complex?" I got twist in my brain :), hey this is it, why to unlock all with one PIN, lets leave user to enter it's own PIN and see his protected content (ofc this will hide other content).

I have all PINs already in Array (just need to add folder name in that array) and this could be done easily.

All is needed from user if he have more folders for his personal usage, to have equal PIN so he can unlock all his content.

Sometimes I just complicate things :). Thx Mark.

So, if you and if anybody read this debate :), let have the user to enter his PIN, and other users will need to enter theirs PIN and only specific user content will be available. This will need some modification in the code, but it's not too difficult I think.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Another patch as Mark suggest, was not so difficult to achieve :).

Just to clarify something:

when user content is unlocked, to unlock other different user protected content, lock menu command should be executed first, then unlock command will be available.

I didn't mention before, patch code is for SVN 28031, dll file is for official 1.2.0 Beta release.

Skin property:

#MyVideos.PinLocked "true" or "false"

Example (myvideoTitle.xml)
    Code:
        <control>
          <description>Content locked</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>100</posX>
          <posY>480</posY>
          <width>85</width>
          <height>42</height>
          <texture>media\#lock.png</texture>
          <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
          <centered>yes</centered>
          <visible>string.equals(#MyVideos.PinLocked, True)</visible>
        </control>

<control>
          <description>Content unlocked</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>100</posX>
          <posY>480</posY>
          <width>85</width>
          <height>42</height>
          <texture>media\#unlock.png</texture>
          <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
          <centered>yes</centered>
          <visible>string.equals(#MyVideos.PinLocked, False)</visible>
        </control>

Just find nice lock/unlock images and put it in skin/media folder as lock.png and unlock.png or with some other name but change texture name in skin controls. Actual coordinates and size are just example.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Deda,

Will test later but it sounds great!

Did you implement the lock indicator? If so I'll mod the fidelity skin for my project and post update for Harley.

All the best,

Mick

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Update files with skin properties inside and example how to implement (look post with patch v3).

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Deda,

I think I have a problem.

For reference this is with the patch file applied to SVN 28033.

I have set up two folders. The first is "Movies" which is pin protected. The second is "Kids Movies" which is not pin protected.

The initial lock seems to work correctly i.e. when I enter Videos I can see movies in the "Kids Movies" folder without entering a pin. However, if I bring up the menu and select " Unlock Content" and then enter the pin, the movies in the protected folder are not unlocked i.e. only the "Kids Movies" are still visible.

I've added the icon for locked content to my skin file (but not unlocked as yet) and it does vanish when unlocking the "Movies" folder from the menu, it's just that the movies aren't visible.

If I lock both folders with the same pin I see no movies when entering Videos and if I then unlock with the pin I still see no movies.

Have you added code to make the log file of any use? If so I'll post one tomorrow (had a quick look and couldn't see anything).

BTW I haven't tried with straight 1.2b yet. Maybe the results are different?

Hope this is helpful if not please let me know if there's any extra information I can provide.

All the best,

Mick.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I didn't encounter any problem, but try this patch (there is some minor log on not passed content) and I changed directory string comparison (maybe your problem laying there).

If it not work, please provide log (media portal log will be enough) so we will see whats wrong.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Deda,

I haven't had a lot of time today (sorry) but just did a quick test and have the same problem with the latest patch.

Log file attached.

I can see the state change in the log for each test movie (age confirmed changes from "false" to "true"). However, the unlocked content doesn't appear and the log still claims " Content not visible" :confused:.

Even the option in the context menu changes from "Unlock" to "Lock".

Tested with both default skin and fidelity.

Hope it helps.

All the best,

Mick.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Ok, log is enough. I see you have main folder then sub-folders with movies inside. Directory compare fails because movie directory is different with protected shared dir. It's my fault not to have in mind multi lvl movie dirs :)

I'll find cure tomorrow. Stay tuned and thx for testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom