MY Videos rework for MP 1.3.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, i have tested the 06.04.2012: EXE

Without Movies in Databases (only share) and "each movie in own folder" :
    - :D Poster are displayed on folder
    - :( Fanart not displayed (it's normal because fanart is not copied in Fanart Folder) (what is the solution for load (not copied) fanart when is present on folder with -fanart.jpg extension ?)
    - :( Play on selected folder don't work ("P" shortcut) , have the same function of "Enter", i must play movie in folder
    - :( When you search infomovie (Shortcut "F3"), info not load NFO if is present, directly grab on internet

With Movie in Database
    - :( Info is only displayed on movie file, not movie folder when "Every movie in own folder" is checked ( i think you work on it)
    - :D Poster and Fanart are displayed correctly ( on folder / file)
    - :( When a folder contains many movie (Every movie in folder unchecked) Fanart show ramdonly, the fanart of all movie present in folder
    - :D I like your user group system
    - :( No usergroup displayed on movie info
    - :D When Movie exist on database, if import nfo, movie is updated

With/Without Movie in Database :
    - :confused: Poster are reloaded after any scroll selection on list view ( maybe the poster are more big)
    - :D I like the skin,

PS : i'm in standby for nfo structure, if no have a validate structure, we use a custom structure for MP :( (based on standard)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    - :( Fanart not displayed (it's normal because fanart is not copied in Fanart Folder) (what is the solution for load (not copied) fanart when is present on folder with -fanart.jpg extension ?)

I can't do nothing about that. It's how FanartHandler works and all fanart needs to be in special folder from where FA Handler reads images.

- :( Play on selected folder don't work ("P" shortcut) , have the same function of "Enter", i must play movie in folder
    - :( When you search infomovie (Shortcut "F3"), info not load NFO if is present, directly grab on internet
    - :( Info is only displayed on movie file, not movie folder when "Every movie in own folder" is checked ( i think you work on it)

Currently for "Every movie in it's own folder" only thumb (poster) visibility is repaired. Info and other stuff is very risky right now because it will change completely behavior of share view and will probably bring share view to major slowdown because MP will need to read complete share root from top to the bottom to find real video files and check them against videodatabase to find movie origin folder. Also stack check routine do not work on folder lvl (it works only for DVD and BD folder rips) and changing to check everything will kill MP share view.

Share view was designed (before I even touch it) as video files browser to a file lvl, so for it, folder is folder and nothing else (except DVD folder and now BD folder which are treated as special kind of folder) and that is deeply hard-coded in MP core part and I don't have permission to change that. Even movie info in share view is somehow forced there and it slows down more MP (I 'm not saying that it's not good thing as I'm using only share view but from logic point of view this is not good thing). For major MP users MyVideos is only for videos which do not have any relation to movies and I would not like to kill their experience with extra checks and searches for a things which they don't use.

What was original author of "Every movie in it's own folder" wanted, I really don't know, because that setting originally only was designed to show jpg thumb in folder named as video file (even setting like that doesn't have any sense because there was already implemented similar thing in MP core but with a thumb named as "folder.jpg").

About F3 on folder, it's just a command "Scan all video files inside selected folder" and put it in MP videodatabase. OK, on F3 scan I can implement to search nfo before and reads movie metadata from there without need of movie scraper but here is a problem of XML structure inside nfo and we're back on start with XML import. I'm still for universal solution for movie grabbers which can read nfo's (XMLs) and there is no need to think about what kind of XML it is.

- :( When a folder contains many movie (Every movie in folder unchecked) Fanart show ramdonly, the fanart of all movie present in folder

Yes, currently it's like that or it can be as before with no fanart at all (I can add that option in config if you like)

- :( No usergroup displayed on movie info

I need to see that with Catavolt and ysmp because this is partially related to skin but it is doable.

With/Without Movie in Database :
    - :confused: Poster are reloaded after any scroll selection on list view ( maybe the poster are more big)
    I do not quite understand what you mean :). If you can explain more detailed plz.

PS : i'm in standby for nfo structure, if no have a validate structure, we use a custom structure for MP :( (based on standard)

This will be a hard task on the end I think. I'm more for XML grabbers and I can for MP nfo use another name and storage place as export backup which will not overwrite existing files from other catalog programs.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    New install link updated (small service release with stuff which was needed extra test and few skin files changed where was noticed small unwanted behaviors)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I understand, that it slows the computer!
    Mepo can not only read the data file (movie) in the folder when the folder is selected? and display information?

If this is hard-coded, it is best to avoid the change but it is not required for function, but it's a shame!
    Provided it includes this feature in MePO2!

In general users like product developments, especially to make life easier lol! I do not think it could disturb, on the contrary!

and that in addition to all videos recorded from digital cameras are, imagine you have your file and give you some information about the folder containing your vacation videos, only with an NFO file! folder.nfo admit but only one input <video> unlike <movie>. grow with the details: folder-fanart.jpg and folder.jpg
    we can do many things ...

Folder.jpg works in all categories, Music, Movie and Pictures (I think) so it is general!

About F3:
    I repeat myself, but the NFO is a support for access to any information, free to choose MEPO information he needs!
    I updated the topic, today I'd like to know today what is feasible to do, I think I have grouped the specificity XBMC and ours,
    I think it's good, import directly from the GUI, in view share;)

For the fanart, it's better not to have a random fanart for aesthetics!

Post reloaded:
    In shares and to list the post is updated after each pass.

export:
    Have another file for export is not stupid, little problem, how will be handled the presence of an NFO file and a file backup?

For fanart natively, without copying the image, this is a modification of fanarthandler?

I'm not going to do as buddies :cool:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Mepo can not only read the data file (movie) in the folder when the folder is selected? and display information?

If this is hard-coded, it is best to avoid the change but it is not required for function, but it's a shame!
    Provided it includes this feature in MePO2!

In general users like product developments, especially to make life easier lol! I do not think it could disturb, on the contrary!

and that in addition to all videos recorded from digital cameras are, imagine you have your file and give you some information about the folder containing your vacation videos, only with an NFO file! folder.nfo admit but only one input <video> unlike <movie>. grow with the details: folder-fanart.jpg and folder.jpg
    we can do many things ...

Folder.jpg works in all categories, Music, Movie and Pictures (I think) so it is general!
    Currently only if it is DVD or BD folder because it targets unique (no more than one) existence of specific subfolder name and file (VIDEOTS\VIDEOTS.IFO or BDMV\INDEX.BDMV). Problem is that share view list item don't have a clue what is behind selected item (it knows if it is a file, ISO image or folder and some special properties of that item) so to check deeper you need to make on every select extra check for folders and get all files/subfolders inside and do a proper action. Original design just do not do that because of speed problem (especially in case of network shares) and possibility that user can have thousands of files inside folder.

I have some ideas how to avoid that and not to mess with MP core and avoid major slowdowns but I need more time to test them.

Problem is that we want to change functionality of finished program which was never designed to work like that. That's why MePo2 is what it is, to fix all mistakes and flows of MePo1. We can do workarounds, but every workaround costs us precious CPU time. Bad karma for all new features of MP1 is that it is slower and slower for every new thing we put inside.

About F3:
    I repeat myself, but the NFO is a support for access to any information, free to choose MEPO information he needs!
    I updated the topic, today I'd like to know today what is feasible to do, I think I have grouped the specificity XBMC and ours,
    I think it's good, import directly from the GUI, in view share;)

That's one of the goals for sure :).

For the fanart, it's better not to have a random fanart for aesthetics!

It just depends from user to user. My girls just loves them to see when they select folder "Cartoons" :) and they are my best quality assurance because they squeeze last drop of blood from MP when I gave them remote :). For caretakers, protected content ( FA, Posters..) is not visible at all until it is unlocked on any lvl in any view. Anyway, one setting can change FA behavior relatively easy.

Post reloaded:
    In shares and to list the post is updated after each pass.

You mean when you scroll up or down and jump to the last/first item in the list or moving within directories and reloading items on back?

export:
    Have another file for export is not stupid, little problem, how will be handled the presence of an NFO file and a file backup?
    To change file name is not a problem but what to read is more than a "Houston we have a... ":)

For fanart natively, without copying the image, this is a modification of fanarthandler?
    Unfortunately yes, and I really can't do nothing about that. 3rd party plugin is not a part of MP and MP should not (strictly forbidden) contain any reference to it in source otherwise we will break developing cycle of plugins and they will need to wait MP releases and I think nobody wants that :).

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    HELLO Deda,

About: Info on Folder
    I heard, the slower the program, too bad! hope this function in MP2, I thought this function as complex!
    Question: this is also complicated if the attribute is just the feature "every movie own folder"?

About: Scan F3
    Yes, for me the support of the NFO in MEPO is a real shortage! it only needs native support without Database ... and I find that import directly from the scan function is excellent for those films with or without NFO!

About: Export
    I let you do, you know more than me!

About: FANART ( Off-topic )
    I understand this is a plugin, but it is a plugin "necessary" can not be natively in MEPO as MiniDisplay? disable by default.
    I do not understand, we can integrate a PLUGIN and must leave the possibility to update it?
    It sufficed that FanArt adds "some" command line, and this does nothing to change into its evolution (in my opinion)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Deda,

Finally got around to testing this branch. Great work mate! (y).

I need to play around a bit more but one (really small) thing I noticed in the configuration is that the additional external video player options you implemented in a test version back in August last year (see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-video-player-option-more-configurable.99548/) are not present.

I know it couldn't be included in any of the bug fix releases but maybe 1.3 would be a good time? I know it's been discussed by users in other threads as a desirable feature.

Really looking forward to giving it more of a workout in the next few days :).

Cheers,

Mick.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    You didn't checked thorough :) (at least latest build). It's inside :) (screenshot 004 on first post).

and changes on 6.4.2012.

• External video player selectable by video extensions (possibility to set extensions which will use external player, others will play internal player)
    P.S.
    If you compile source from GIT than it's not in EXP-MyVideos (which I don't update anymore) but in EXP-MyVideos_BDPlayer_Merge branch where I switched this project

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread