Myblaster plugin not working (1 Viewer)

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
June 20, 2005
Norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
edit: Sorry,, speaking in norwegin is not smart here :)
Could someone help me a bit? I dont understand how it works.
I get this error.
2/12/2006 12:14:17 AM Form1.LoadConfig: Could not find file 'C:\programfiler\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\myblaster.dat'.

Smac

Portal Member
February 28, 2006
Blaster not working, either so that I think I have a very similar problem.

I bought a PVR150MCE (UK version) which comes with a IR receiver, 1 blaster and of course the remote itself. The receiver seems to be made by SMK and has 2 ir-blaster ports.

MyBlaster also has the Learn and Test Features greyed out.

I run Blaster.exe /dump (v 0.1.2.20463) and the following is shown:

Code:
28/02/2006 18:27:40 Device.FindDevice: \\?\usb#vid_0609&pid_031d#sm002wek#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}
Regarding mcelearn.exe (v 1.0.1912.31578) this is the log:

Code:
28/02/2006 19:16:26 FormLearn.FormLearn_Load: Failed to find blaster
I am using today's MP version (mediaportal-cvs-02-28-2006--01-10)

My intuition (only that) after reading many posts is that *something* has to be coded in the defintion of myblaster so that the actual device be seen and MP may use it.

Any ideas? (especially to Smirnuff and Scoop).
Many thanks.

Smac

Portal Member
February 28, 2006
Scoop, thank you for compiling a new build of myblaster plugin which includes the information of my device.

I could finally put my IR into action. Although Port 1 still doesn't work (don't know why...) , Port 2 does, and since my card-remote kit came with only one blaster...

Thanx again Michel for your kind and prompt assistance.
Best regards from Spain.
Smac

Johnny Utah

January 11, 2005
scoop - I posted a question in the plugins section, which in hindsight should probably have been sent to you instead: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?p=82738#82738

To get the older version of MyBlaster to work with the Set top boxes supplied here in Australia by Foxtel, Smirnoff created a modified myblaster.dat file - from memory it was because Foxtel used either RC5 or RC6, whichever was the more rare (or an ununsual combination of them both).

I notice that the format of the plugin has changed whereby what was MyBlaster.exe is now Blaster.exe, and the data file which used to be MyBlaster.dat is now Blaster.log. Seeing as how foxtel users needed a modified myblaster.dat file beforehand, is there anyway that you could either give guidance on how to/modify the data contained therein such that it is in the format recognised by the new Blaster.exe? Doing so would be greatly appreciated.

[As it stands, even after learnign the commands for the various foxtel buttons through the learn function of Blaster.exe, using the 'test' function indicates that the set top box isn't receiving any commands. I haven't moved the IR Flashers from where they were located & functioning correctly with RC0.2 & the old MyBlaster plugin, so I can only surmise that it is the new plugin.]

Thanks in advance for all of your assistance.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi Johnny Utah,

Somehow I missed your post :? so hence the late reply. If you haven't figured it out by now, the Blaster.exe (the learning utility) and the MyBlaster.dll (the process plugin) should still use myblaster.dat. Having said that, I didn't change anything regarding how the plugin works, only did some very trivial changes to make the plugin work again with recent CVS/SVN versions of MP. So, the old format should still work.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Johnny Utah

January 11, 2005
    Scoop - thanks for taking the time to reply. If I understand you correctly, if I just leave the myblaster.dat file in the mediaportal root directory, it should still be read by blaster.exe? I'll try it out & let you know how I go.

Thanks again for your fine work - it's guys like yourself who keep working on the project that deserve a big pat on the back for making mediaportal what it is today :D

Johnny Utah

January 11, 2005
    Scoop - it worked a treat, after I inserted the instructions in mediaportal.xml to force the use of Blaster port 2. I copied my old (previously working) copy of blaster.dat in, and hey presto - I've got my channel changing going again.

Giddy up! Massive thanks once again for all of your hard work & time in helping out suckers like me... :p

philster

Portal Member
    March 16, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Johnny Utah - Could you please tell me what needed to be added to mediaportal.xml to force it to use port 2?

Also, after using blaster.exe to learn the remote commands, should the test button cause the blaster to flash? Mine don't regardless of port the blaster is plugged into on the back of the MCE receiver

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom