MyDreambox and VLC (1 Viewer)

ettore.b

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    java.lang
    hi when the dm 7000s plugin will be available?
    is not clear if it's something planned or it's already done.....
    sorry if im impatient, but looks greath!!!!

bye

ettore

dutchmatrix

Portal Member
    August 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am using this plugin with my dbox2(enigma pb image).

I can select a first channel and watch it, good quality.
    But i cann't change to another channel, because except of the video window everything looks to be frozen.

Am i doing something wrong????

Buffo

Portal Member
    September 17, 2006
    It all sounds to good tp be true :)

But it will not work with my Dreambox 7000S (PLi Iolite Image).

I copied all archive contents to the MP root directory. I installed latest VLC-frontend on my Dreambox and VLC 0.86d with ActiveX and Mozilla-Plugin on my Computer. Then I entered the MP-Configuration an activated MyDreambox(David66) in "Window plugins" and put in my data. After that I enabled VideoLAN in "External Players" and checked the http box. Finally in sevtion Process Plugins I activated "External Dreambox TV", put my data in and read out the Channels and EPG. All works fine so far.

After MediaPortal started I changed from basic to normal home-screen and pressed the MyDreambox entry. Here nothing could be seen. The EPG was shown and with channel up and down I could change the channels. Sometimes when I press OK my bouquets were shown but only sometimes. I don't know what I have to do to show them. Sometimes it works. The bouquet list is on the bottom right and not all of it can be seen because it is out of range. For compatibility issues I used the standard skin but here is the same...

In WebIf the Web-X-TV and the pressing on the Vpid works but in MediaPortal nothing happens.

I have no TV card in my computer so i deactivated the MyTV plugin in MP configuration (it was mentioned before in this topic). If I choose MyTV on home screen nothing happens.

Could you please help me? My only chance to keep alive is to run this wonderful plugin :D

Ok, that important isn't it but I would be very lucky ;)

Thx in advance!

Regards,
    Buffo

kiapiz

Portal Member
    December 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    HI,

I'm having problem to use VLC for encrypted channels using camd3 decoder. On FTA and other decoders I can have my VLC showing the image and sound, but not with camd3.

I used a sniffer and found the my D500 sends the stream but for some reasons VLC is not showing the image.

Does anyone know why?

hyper2

February 6, 2008
    Channel not Playable

Hi,

the plugin looks very good, but I only get Channel is not playable?

What is the problem.

VLC standalone works.

Also EPG is not read out from the pkugin.

In Configuration 92 channels are found.

BR
    DIrk

megacrypto

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2006
    Very nice work, it has better switching than with DreamDboxTV (DDT) plugin, but i must say the DreamDboxTV is more stable. For some reason here, when switching between channels, at some point the channels get all fuzzy as if the signal was weak, but when i switch to the DDT, the channels play fine. If you could get intouch kroko and join forces, im sure that both of you will come up with the perfect plugin.

btw: im connecting to a DM600 with GP 4.3

nice work :)

nyx

Portal Member
    May 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Very nice work, it has better switching than with DreamDboxTV (DDT) plugin, but i must say the DreamDboxTV is more stable. For some reason here, when switching between channels, at some point the channels get all fuzzy as if the signal was weak, but when i switch to the DDT, the channels play fine. If you could get intouch kroko and join forces, im sure that both of you will come up with the perfect plugin.

Hi, I haven't worked on DDT since xmas, but we had the problems with fuzzy/garbled picture. End result was usually a hardware lockup => need to hard reset of the box.

It's the reason the switching is slow in DDT... We deliberately relaxed the timing between sending a channel switch instruction to the box, and initializing the stream in VLC. What the status of DDT is atm, dunno, it's been 4 months. And I don't expect "Real Life" to magically disappear any time soon ;)

David66

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

In case anyone wants to use the plugin with MP 1.0 RC1, create a directory named "log" under MP root. If you do not, MP will crash after activating VLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom