MyDreambox and VLC (1 Viewer)

David66

Portal Pro
June 18, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
pisdu: I've compiled the process Plug-in and updated the Plug-in in the repository. It's no doubt a dumb question, but did the radio work before? I changed nothing there (as far as I know).

pop333: What do you mean freezes? You may see your screen flicker, then the VLC Plugin will cache about 5-6 seconds of the stream. After that you should see your video. Can you watch TV using the WebIf and VLC?

@Tazmann: Did you do a clean install of rc2? Do you get an error message?

pisdu

Portal Pro
March 7, 2006
Switzerland
Thanks man im waiting plugin appear to download it !!
About the radio it opened before but didnt used it alot honestly.
About the MyDreambox plugin...wondered it will record TV shows only on Dboxes equipped with Harddrive...am i wrong?
No way to record on pc?

Thanks again
Pisdu

OHA!
Im happy again

Thanks

David66

Portal Pro
June 18, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
pisdu: If you do a HTTP:// Dreambox then you get the WebInterface. From there you can watch the stream via VLC. You can also start a recording, but only if the Dream box has a HDD or /mnt/hdd is connected to a network share. You can't record to the PC. GaryW's Plug-in does that also, just from within MediaPortal. Reading elsewhere, I saw that someone is trying to figure out a way to output VLC to MediaPortal as a stream. If that happens, then it should be possible to record on the PC.

As far as radio goes, GarryW didn't implement it. It is commented as work to do. I'm no programmer, so I doubt, that I'll figure out how to implement it.

bahoiz: If i understand you correctly, you are shown what channel, is playing, but when you click on group or channel you don't get anything shown? The Plugin can only access user bouquets, so you may need to create one. Have a look at what the Enigma WebInterface shows.

Tazman: Can you use the Enigma WebInterface to view via VLC?

pisdu: You say the network doesn't work well. Do you have a crossover cabel between the Dreambox and your PC or are you using a switch? I had lots of problems with a crossover cable. I only got about 3mbit/s transfer. After I put a switch in between, I was up to 40 mbit/S!

David66

Portal Pro
June 18, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Tazman: So if you are connected to the Web interface and click Help, what Information do you get? It should look like this:
About Box
Model
Manufacturer
Processor
Harddisk
Linux Kernel Linux version
Firmware release
FP Firmware
Web Interface

Which Version of VLC do you have?

What is on the error page?

Tazman

Portal Pro
May 15, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Model DM500
Manufacturer Dream-Multimedia-TV
Processor STBx25xx, 252MHz
Harddisk none
USB Stick none
Linux Kernel Linux version 2.6.9 (tux@tux) (gcc version 3.4.4) #1 Thu Aug 23 22:51:28 CEST 2007
Firmware release 4.0.0, 27.08.2007
FP Firmware n/a
Web Interface 6.0.2-Expert

VLC version 0.8.6c

Now the browser just keeps searching when i press VLC.

David66

Portal Pro
June 18, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Tazman: Try this. Go to the Web Interface. Switch to a new channel. Click Stream Info. You'll see a window with the following Information:
Stream Information
Service Name SAT.1
Service Provider ProSiebenSat.1
Service Reference 1:0:1:445c:453:1:c00000:0:0:0:
VPID 00ffh (255d)
APID 0100h (256d)
PCRPID 00ffh (255d)
TPID 0020h (32d)
TSID 0453h
ONID 0001h
SID 445ch
PMT 0060h

Open VLC and open a network stream (Ctrl + N). Click on Http/Https... In the URL Field enter
HTTP://DreamboxIP:31339/0,PMT,PCRPID,APID,0103. So the URL for the above example is
http://DreamboxIP:31339/0,0060,00ff,0100,0103. I don't know what the last number is for, but I don't see a difference, if I change it, so stick with 0103.

Does VLC show you the stream?

You can also check the URL-string being sent by the Dreambox by chosing to "Save" after clicking on VLC. The resulting Video.m3u can be viewed using wordpad or notepad, and "should" correspond to the Stream Info.

Are you using the DMM standard image?

Tazman

Portal Pro
May 15, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Morning

Cant open the stream:
wrote this:

http://192.168.2.4:31339/0,0852,0853,0854,0103

VLC is not recieving any data. It plays but nothing happens. No sound No picture.

Inweb interface i can take a screenshot with no problem.

How can i see witch image i am using? i know its not the standard image. I think its a Gemeni

UPDATE:

Now it works.. Forgot the dot at the end of the addres... DOH!

But the picture is unstable. how can that be?

But still nothing happens when i press vlc in web interface

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom