MyDreambox and VLC (1 Viewer)

bahoiz

Portal Member
September 16, 2006
Ankara
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
@Bahoiz: If i understand you correctly, you are shown what channel, is playing, but when you click on group or channel you don't get anything shown? The Plugin can only access user bouquets, so you may need to create one. Have a look at what the Enigma WebInterface shows.

Thanks for the tip. Now I can change the channel :D .

David66

Portal Pro
June 18, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Tazman: You do have the VLC Plugin installed on the Dreambox and VLC 0.8.6c installed on the PC? When you plug the dreambox ín, what kind of image do you see on the T.V.? If you telnet to your dreambox you may see the image name. Something like:
* The Gemini Project *

welcome on your dreambox! - Kernel 2.6.9 (19:42:45).

Tazman

Portal Pro
May 15, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I dont quiet understand you.
When i turn on the dreambox the tv says gemeni project. but i dont know witch verison.
I havent installed anything on the dreambox. VLC 0.8.6c is installed on the pc.
telnet?

David66

Portal Pro
June 18, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Tazman: Okay you have a Gemini image. Use the blue button then addons, then plugins. Navigate to VLC Client. Install it. Boot the Dreambox and try the WebIf again.

Tazman

Portal Pro
May 15, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Now the browser opens a new page but with the normal "can connect" error

The only plugin on the dreambox i could install was: VLCF-final_rc15. Is that the right one?

warmy

Portal Member
October 8, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Not working

I installed the plug in and it appears in my xface skin, But how do you configure the plugin to the stream. Surey there should be a settings part to point it to the ip address of the dreambox???

Seems i'm missing something obvious. please advise :)

David66

Portal Pro
June 18, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
warmy: Start MP Configuration, goto Plug-ins, right click MyDreambox (David66) in the Windows Plugin portion, enter the IP, User name and Password.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom