MyDVDs plugin ready for testing (1 Viewer)

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
script to convert

Hi
Just made a script to convert a dvdprofiler xml file to the format that this plugin wants.

input: c:\Collection.Xml
Output: C:\Program Files\InterVocative Software\DVD Profiler\IMAGES\new.htm

save to a convert.vbs and run it
text

On Error Resume Next
Msgbox "Put your Collection.Xml in c:\"
Dim objTXTwrite, objTXTread, strLine, strHeader
Set objFILE = CreateObject("Scripting.Filesystemobject")
Set objHOST = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
SET objTXTwrite = objFILE.OpenTextFile("C:\Program Files\InterVocative Software\DVD Profiler\IMAGES\new.htm",2,1)
SET objTXTread = objFILE.OpenTextFile("C:\Collection.xml",1,1)
objTXTwrite.writeline "<CATALOG>"
strLine = objTXTread.Readline
Do While strLine <> "</Collection>"
If InStr(1,strLine,">") = 0 Then
MsgBox "no good"
Else
strHeader = Trim(Left(strLine,InStr(1,strLine,">")))
'MsgBox strHeader
Select Case strHeader
Case "<DVD>"
objTXTwrite.writeline "<MOVIE>"
Case "</DVD>"
objTXTwrite.writeline "</MOVIE>"
Case "<CollectionNumber>"
objTXTwrite.writeline "<SLOT>" & Mid(strLine,InStr(1,strLine,">")+1,InStr(1,strLine,"</CollectionNumber>")-Len("</CollectionNumber>")-2) & "</SLOT>"
Case "<Title>"
objTXTwrite.writeline "<OTITLE>" & Mid(strLine,InStr(1,strLine,">")+1,InStr(1,strLine,"</Title>")-Len("</Title>")-2) & "</OTITLE>"

Case "<Genres>"
strLine = objTXTread.Readline
strHeader = Trim(Left(strLine,InStr(1,strLine,">")))
objTXTwrite.writeline "<GENRE>" & Mid(strLine,InStr(1,strLine,">")+1,InStr(1,strLine,"</Genre>")-Len("</Genre>")-4) & "</GENRE>"

Case "<ProductionYear>"
objTXTwrite.writeline "<YEAR>" & Mid(strLine,InStr(1,strLine,">")+1,InStr(1,strLine,"</ProductionYear>")-Len("</ProductionYear>")-2) & "</YEAR>"
Case "<DIRECTOR>"
objTXTwrite.writeline "<DIRECTOR>" & Mid(strLine,InStr(1,strLine,">")+1,InStr(1,strLine,"</DIRECTOR>")-Len("</DIRECTOR>")-2) & "</DIRECTOR>"
Case "<ACTOR>"
objTXTwrite.writeline "<CAST>" & Mid(strLine,InStr(1,strLine,">")+1,InStr(1,strLine,"</ACTOR>")-Len("</ACTOR>")-2) & "</CAST>"
Case "<Overview>"
objTXTwrite.writeline "<PLOT>" & Mid(strLine,InStr(1,strLine,">")+1,InStr(1,strLine,"</Overview>")-Len("</Overview>")-2) & "</PLOT>"
Case "<ID>"
objTXTwrite.writeline "<IMAGE>" & Mid(strLine,InStr(1,strLine,">")+1,InStr(1,strLine,"</ID>")-Len("</ID>")-2) & "f.JPG</IMAGE>"

End Select
End If
If strLine <> "</Collection>" THEN strLine = objTXTread.Readline

Loop
objTXTwrite.writeline "</CATALOG>"
objTXTwrite.Close
objTXTread.close

Msgbox "Done. The file is created in C:\Program Files\InterVocative Software\DVD Profiler\IMAGES and is called new.htm"

PS: I would be great to have the source code to the plugin:DS
//Lasse

A

Anonymous

lar282,
There is a file size restriction on Patch files, so I had to remove all of the 'extras' in my zip file so I could at least get the executable code out for people to try via SF.

A

Anonymous

freezer said:
For anyone interested, you can download the plugin from the Patches section of sourceforge here -

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=107397&atid=647927

The zip file contains all source and executable code. It also includes a folder called "Catalogs" which contains:
+ sample Ant Movie Catalog file (.amc)
+ HTML export template
+ sample exported output (.xml) file which is used to import into MP

Use these files to test the Plugin.....

Hi,
are there problems with this Plugin? Still don't see this plug (Feb2005) in actual CVS? :roll:

I downloaded last MyDVD.package i found on SF. And copied all to MediaPortal! But how do i have to export from AntMovieCatalog with which format (didn't) find "export HTML-template" in this download!
Can anyone post a step-by-step info here please? I love to get this working for me :p (using MP1501 +Lastest CVS)
please
doit

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
MyDVD is not a part of the cvs.

there are 2 variant of this plugin.One for dvdprofiler and one original for Ant.

configure the plugin in configuration and u will see how and what u need.

//Lasse

A

Anonymous

Freezer wrote:
I have then use the export function within Ant to create an 'xml' type structured file (template is included in the 'Setup' dialog).

Ähmm, does this mean, that I have to copy and use the "structure shown in the 'setup-template-tab' of the MyDVD-plugin as the needed "HTML export-template" in the AntMovieCatalog export funktion?

(confused, because in other post freezer infod, that an AMC-export-template is part of the download and i don't find!)

This is what i don't understand! What export-structure i have to create and use, so that the MyDVD-plugin can read and manage it!
Thank for help!
doit[/quote]

A

Anonymous

OK, a little help:

First, you need to open MediaPortal Configuration - select MyDVDs and then select SETUP.
From MyDVDs SETUP, select the 'Template' tab - use your mouse to select the template definition and COPY it to the clipboard.

Now go to Ant Movie Catalog - Open your .amc catalog file.
Next select FILE - EXPORT, which will open a new dialog window.
Select HTML as the export format - delete any definition that shows up in the window and then PASTE the MyDVDs template into the EXPORT dialog window. Press EXPORT - save the file with the filetype of HTML.

Now, go back to MyDVDs SETUP and specify your exported Ant Movie Catalog file and then press IMPORT....that's all there is to it :)

A

Anonymous

Hey freezer,
it's really nice working now! Thanks for help!
I really don't understand, why it is not fully implemented in MP till now???

one curious thing is: When your plugin is enabled, then
when i push button to open the myExplorer-plugin (from gucky62), it opens your myDVD-plugin :?: :?: :?:

Will you stay on developing this plugin, make some skin updates, include an play button, so it gives the choice between "jump to myVideo (to search+start this film) or insert DVD..." :p ?
What do you think?!

Thanks a lot for this, and hopefully some more updates
doit

Scubefr

Portal Pro
May 19, 2004
ailleurs
Home Country
France France
same for me (problem with myexplorer)
it is possible to manage the loans ?
add news friends and set witch DVD are still here
Is it possible add a search option and make working change views by Movie/actors/directors/.....
ty it's a verry good job !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom