MyDVDs plugin ready for testing (3 Viewers)

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
u get that cause freezer has the same ID as the other plugin.he has to change the code to fix it.

//Lasse

Ebeneezer

Portal Member
November 24, 2004
Hi,

This plugin stop working with mediaportal 0.1.6 / 0.1.7. In the home menu, there is a blank line instead of mydvds and it is impossible to launch it.

somebody have an idea ?

A

Anonymous

OK, I have updated the panel IDs to avoid conflict with myExplorer - I now use 7900 for the main panel, 7910 for the Filter view and 7920 for the DVD info view.
I have recompiled and have it up and running with MP V0.1.0.6 :?

Ebeneezer, I think your problem is with the Language file - since MyDVDs is not part of the CVS, when you loaded 0.1.0.6 and reloaded MyDVDs you did not pick up my change to MyDVDs that picks up the title (displayed on the Home Menu) from the Languge file.

Simple change - just edit the Language file and add the following:

<string>
<id>50</id>
<value>My DVDs</value>
</string>

The source and recompiled plugin has been loaded in the Patch section of SourceForge....hope this helps - enjoy :)

Ebeneezer

Portal Member
November 24, 2004
Thanks freezer and good job.

This works fine now: i've edited the language file and installed new version of mydvd.

Is it simple to add some information like type of support (from amc)?

thanks

A

Anonymous

Ebeneezer, there are alot of different fields in amc - I originally only extracted what I thought I could reasonably display without too many pages to scroll through.

No, it is not that difficult to add more fields, just takes some time, which I am a little short of right now.

I personally was thinking of adding the 'Type' field since I also have a large collection of movies on VHS. Other than that, I would welcome suggestions from whoever is using MyDVDs on additional amc fields - no promises, but at least let me know what your top couple of additions are.

Some suggestions so far must be thought through some more because you have to decide which copy of amc data is the 'master'. I only see MyDVDs as a 'view only' of the Master stored in amc. So you make changes to your collection in amc and can view the content under MP. I have no plans to make it so that you can make changes in MP and then 'sync' them back with the Master under amc.

Ebeneezer

Portal Member
November 24, 2004
Hi, I will take some times to view code but i'm not an expert ...

My suggestions:
- adding Type field,
- adding search funtion by title, actor, ...
- function to launch viewing of the movie asking CD or DVD with slot field.

The best will be to group this plugin with Mymovies (with AMC the master).

A

Anonymous

I understand the desire for adding search capability - my wife has the same 'complaint'.

I do not understand your suggestion for a 'function to launch' the movie ?
If the CD or DVD is located in, say a Sony MegaChanger, then there would have to be some communication between the HTPC and the MegaChanger for this function to be of any use - correct?
I currently use MyDVDs to lookup a Movie and get the slot number - I then use my MegaChanger remote to start the movie in the slot number I noted previously.....let me know more details so I understand what you are looking for....

Ebeneezer

Portal Member
November 24, 2004
I haven't changer, my Cds / DVD are in cases and ordered by number (by slot number).
The idea is to go in mydvds section, chose the movie, put the DVD / Cd in drive and the movie is launched.
Actually, you need to go to Mydvd, chose the movie, note the slot number and go to the movie section and then put the CD/DVD in the drive: it is a litlle more complicated.

Another suggestion I forget:
- the update of the database need to launch the configuration and to do import. I think, an automatic update as the launch of mediaportal or the Mydvd section will be a good idea or at least a button in the Mydvd section.

Thanks.,

joecas

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Home Country
Italy Italy
Does this plugin still work with Mediaportal 0.1.1.1 ?
I can't go to the detailed informations screen !
If i click a movie nothing happens...

Gordonx42

Portal Member
February 17, 2005
joecas said:
Does this plugin still work with Mediaportal 0.1.1.1 ?
I can't go to the detailed informations screen !
If i click a movie nothing happens...

im having the same problem with 0.1.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom