MyLyrics 1.35 released (26th August 2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsMe57

Portal Pro
November 8, 2008
Bergisches Land
Home Country
Germany Germany
mackey

great work!!

Question:

1st time I installed MyLyrics, there are some songs with LRC.
sample: "This is the Life, Amy MacDonald".

Few days later I did a restore to MP and after this I installed the plugin MyLyrics again.

Now are all songs without LRC, Amy MacDonald also.

Any ideas?

Bye
R.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MyLyrics enables you to store plain lyrics two places; your lyrics database and your music tags. By default the lyrics are only stored in the database, and this is lost when you restored MP (unless your saved it and copied it back into the MP database folder, that is). If you on the setting tab of the configuration had enabled lyrics to be saved to your music tags, or made an export from lyrics database to music tags, when they had been stored here and could be retrieved.

So that is most likely the cause for your LRC's to be lost. If you want to retrieve LRC files instead of plain lyrics in a batch search be sure to choose "LRC mode" or only choose LRCFinder in "Custom mode". Within MP the plugin always searches for LRC files first before is settles with plain lyrics.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    mackey - fantastic job on the new version. It just keeps getting better and better. I was only disappointed you did not manage to get the thumb showing for Playing next . It must be supported in the plugin somewhere, because it displays in Editor mode, just not in Lyrics Basic or Wide! I know it is a minor issue, but it does add a lot to the screen display!

I have one question - some Basic lyrics display with div id="songlyrics" and some LRC Lyrics have weird codes at the beginning. I imagine this comes from the source, but is there anything I can do to avoid this? Do you know which sources this comes from so I can disable those?

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Dadeo,
    Thanks for the kind words. I looked into your previous report and found that that the playing next thumb should work correctly. Or that is, the cover for next song is shown correctly in the Black Glass skin by Tgx that I tested with. Have a look at that for inspiration. I hope you can copy his approach.

Sometimes the lyrics sites change their html patterns, which means that the lyric engine will have be correctly as well. There are some checks in the engine, so badly parsed lyrics aren't presented but now and then some do slip through. I do some manual check ups before a release, but probably don't find all holes. It would be a great help that - when you encounter a badly parsed lyric - note the artist and title and look up the source using the MyLyrics configuration, and post it here, in a pm or a dedicated thread. Then I have a look and fix the problem. Thanks.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you so much! That tip worked. Apparently you can only use ID>0 for the playing next thumb! I was using another ID so the frame would only display when there was a thumb. But I found another way and now it works perfectly :)

Yes, I will go through my lyrics and PM you the ones with those problems as soon as I get aMPed 2.1 released! Maybe you should start a thread for badly parsed lyrics and get some more feedback.

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How to turn on Plugin?

Hello everyone!

Unfortunately I don't see a way to access the MyLyrics plugin. I have enabled the plugin in MP Configuration an it should be in Plugins.
    However I can't find a shortcut anywhere.

What am I missing?

I am using MP1.1beta with blue3 wide skin.

Many thanks!!

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I disabled / reenabled the plugin and now it shows up in my home screen.
    However starting the plugin makes MP display the following error message:
    Missing or invalid file:C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Blue3wide\MyLyrics.xml
    This file is indeed missing.

Where can I get it from?
    I'm sure I would have been alble to figure this out on my own if this board hadn't had this ultra crappy search-function...

Cheers!

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I disabled / reenabled the plugin and now it shows up in my home screen.
    However starting the plugin makes MP display the following error message:
    Missing or invalid file:C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Blue3wide\MyLyrics.xml
    This file is indeed missing.

Where can I get it from?
    I'm sure I would have been alble to figure this out on my own if this board hadn't had this ultra crappy search-function...

Cheers!

The xml-files for Blue3 and Blue3wide are distributed with the plugin. Check the skin folder of the zip-file you have downloaded. Here you find what you are searching for.

cheers

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see!
    Thanks for your highspeed reply!

Now I have to search whether there is a way to get a shortcut from myMusic to myLyrics in Blue3wide.
    And how to adjust the scrollspeed as it's almost always to slow but that can be done in the configuration dialog, right?

I guess this is going to be my most favourite plugin!
    Cheers!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom