MyPictures share browsing patch (2 Viewers)

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You'll have to forgive my ignorance. But I don't know which log file to give you. Since the Configuration.exe isn't launching, it's not creating any new log files. Am I missing something?

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Nope. Double click on Configuration.exe, and it crashes immediately without launching. Don't think it has anything to do with MP, but more or less the OS.

Actually, I could try running the application as "XP"... didn't think about that till just now. I'll try it tonight. But I thought you should know. Maybe it needs to be compiled on a Vista system with backwards compatibility?

Let me know if you need me to test anything or if there's anything else I can supply you with.

thx!

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just installed the patch on a clean Vista with all the windows patches applied. Everything works fine. Must be something specific on your setup. What did you install after the official MP 1.0.2?

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Was it a Vista x64? Not sure if that matters or not.

One system was updated a week ago, just the usual patches. the other system was last updated march 29th. As for MP, the usual plugins. Both don't work.

I'll be away for a couple days, but I'll have access to a friend's laptop which has Vista 32, I'll try it on their system and see what the result is.

Thanks for your help.. I'll write back in a couple days.

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey asagala,

Seems to work on Vista 32, but still no luck on x64. I've tried a bunch of different methods. Any thoughts?

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Nope. I guess you will have to wait for the 1.1 release or compile it yourself from svn and see if that makes a difference.

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    FYI, I was able to get it running on an XP sp3 machine,.. could not get it running on Vista X64. But the good news is, I copied the database and thumbs and all works great. Thanks for the feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom