MyProgramsAlt - A replacement for the old (official) one - not finished (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Kaoh,
    Thanks for the tip! I could easily do without the animation, if there were some other way to tell whether MP has received my last command and is just busy digesting it. I miss the rotating graphic (substitute for hourglass) in Windows MC, which would at least display (without rotation) if animation was turned off!

P.S. Unfortunately, turning off animation didn't fix the problem. Maybe it has to do with the fact that EasyShare responds to "Exit" by terminating the application, but keeping the process alive in the systray.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Help and changelog can be found here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Extensions-Plugins/MyProgramsV2

there is just a development version for users who have problems with official MyPrograms plugin.

Be aware, this plugin (may) contain (a few) many bugs, so use it on your own risk.
    However, posting problems, issues and suggestions you have is always welcome.

regards
    chefkoch

Attachments

• MyPrograms_v0.1.0.11.mpi
      30.7 KB

vasvas

Portal Member
    September 15, 2007
    Home Country
    mame imports all games but im getting no games to start(missing files) even the ones im sure are work through mame itself.
    also im having the same issue as i did a while back with project 64, i think there needs to be an argument to get the emulator to start before the rom or u get an error: failed to load rom. i got around this in the old myprograms by selecting project 64 from the list...

any ideas??

SMa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2007
    Helsinki - Finland
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I've just installed the new version of Mediaportal, comming from 0.2.2.0

It seems like MyPrograms has changed quite a bit since 0.2.2.0 ...
    Could someone tell me how I should add new filelaunchers? I knew how it worked in the previous version, but now I just can't add any files to the filelauncher. The "added" files don't show up in the listbox.

I use it as MyGames [NFS, FIFA, GTA, ...]

vasvas

Portal Member
    September 15, 2007
    Home Country

Could someone tell me how I should add new filelaunchers? I knew how it worked in the previous version, but now I just can't add any files to the filelauncher. The "added" files don't show up in the listbox.

My Programs isnt working anymore.... this thread contains an installer for a development version for my programs 2
    It actually works quite well... i have got project64, nes,snes working fine...... i only cant get mame right, imports files but i cant play any due to missing files.(i know that some games are fully working but still dont work) but i think this may be an issue with my roms

i would sugest downloading the myprograms msi and giving it a go.... really looks the goods

Clair

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2007
    Gorzów Wielkopolski
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    still i can't run anything in mame :(
    strange, when im scanning games, there are on list, when im running from MAME32 aplication (outside MP) all is ok

but wen im pressing Launch button in plugin configuration, or im try to run a game in MP - a mame aplication say's there are missing roms.

MP 0.2.3.0 final and alternate My Programs (yesterday rel) ;)

vasvas

Portal Member
    September 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Yeah im having the same problem.... everything else works great... all emulators with pics running sweet, hopefully a fix for mame soon

northern

Portal Member
    November 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    WTF!!!.... great chefkoch.. you could at least ask me before releasing the plugin... as i rewrote most of the code for this.Anyone can check the subversion commits/code to see this.
    I was planning to finish the plugin off during holidays , as i don't want to release stuff that i KNOW have some bugs.
    You could at least ask me before releasing this...???

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hmm it's hard to find words ;)

let's start:

Hi SMa,
    in latest version you should be able to add an application item, the check the checkbox "show files in root folder" and then just add all your pc games in the files tab.

But this option is not very stable, i think, so please check the checkbox only once on an application item.
    Will also change the config a bit the next days to get this more intuitive.

For general information:
    Many user had problems with the old plugin which is in MPpackage. So got a few pm about this, but since i worked also on the new plugin i see no reason, why to take care of a very outdated plugin.
    I am in contact with a user, which tested this plugin the last days and had no huge problems or crashes. The MAME problems seems to be an configuration issue on your side, because it's working well for the other user, he only reported a minor issue, which is not related to your problems.
    Maybe i'll find a way the next days to post a small step by step manual, how to set up MAME.

I also wrote that this is an early version, i released it to solve problems for users who could not use the old plugin.
    A stable release could be released until christmas 07 or christmas 08.

And please keep in mind, most of the work on this plugin was done by northern, he is doing a great job, thx.

kind regards
    chefkoch

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom