MyProgramsAlt - A replacement for the old (official) one - not finished (1 Viewer)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WTF!!!.... great chefkoch.. you could at least ask me before releasing the plugin... as i rewrote most of the code for this.Anyone can check the subversion commits/code to see this.
    I was planning to finish the plugin off during holidays , as i don't want to release stuff that i KNOW have some bugs.
    You could at least ask me before releasing this...???

Whatever... MyPrograms has had problems for AGES. When I created this thread in JUNE it already had been months... June, July... you do the maths. I respect the rules of this community so I usually don't ask developers themselves for personal support but after nearly a year passed I finally decided to do so in this case. So chefkoch carried on where the progress stopped.
    Don't get me wrong, I am happy you rewrote the code but I don't need code lying on some server for ages, I need a productive MediaPortal environment. I don't think chefkoch has done anything wrong by grabbing OpenSource (!) code and continuing development.

thats why we were geting no help with the mame problem.....Bad chef!

Pff... what was your contribution to this ?

@ all having problems with MAME, here is a step by step instruction:

1. Create a new Application item
    MAME1.gif

2. Name your item (ie "MAME") and select the path to your executable
    MAME2.gif

3. Now have a look at the order, I think this causes your problems.
    3.1 Select the correct roms folder
    3.2 Click this button
    3.3 Hit the "update database" button

MAME3.gif

4. You now should see all your roms... but since this plugin is not bugfree, yet you have to do some cleanup:
    4.1 Delete the "dir" entry as well as your console OS files (like "NeoGeo", "NSS", "NSS_SMW", "PLAYCH10"... you might have only "NeoGeo")
    4.2 You can edit the names of your Games by selecting them and then click on "Edit". Note: You cannot change your images here (buggy feature). Just create a .jpg file with a name equal to your rom file (ie "garou.zip" -> "garou.jpg") and copy it to your "MediaPortal\thumbs\MyProgramsAlt\MAME" directory (\MAME subdir if you named your Application item "MAME")

MAME4.gif

5. Done !

@ all having problems with a direct filelauncher item:

1. Add an Application item
    MAME1.gif

2. Select the "ShellExecute" checkbox. When you want your files displayed in root folder also check the "show files in ROOT-folder" checkbox
    ROOT1.gif

3. Edit your entries as mentioned in the MAME-section of this post. If you want to display thumbs also refer to the MAME-section. The difference here is that your .jpg files name has to equal the .exe Name (ie "DukeNukemMP.exe" -> "DukeNukemMP.jpg")
    ROOT2.gif

-level20peon

vasvas

Portal Member
    September 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for those instructions, mame still not working, im using the latest mame release... it definetaly works through mame32.... but after import, imports well.... but not any games working, missing files from each rom, but they are not missing when run from mame, im going to try with a different version of mame, and am also waiting on some more roms, ill let u know if i have any luck....

cheers to all of u that are just trying to help.....

Clair

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2007
    Gorzów Wielkopolski
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    vasas and level20peon - i found error in this tutorial so MAME doesnt work :) error are in startup dir. Chang "startup dir" from %FILEDIR% to your mame directory dir (games working when i press launch button in config and MP) but there are no screenshoot. whatever, at last ive checked it with latest version of mame32 (0.121) so only problem is with screenshots because mame 0.120 and latest have different folders for every game screenshoots example MAME32\snap\gametitle\0000.png
    a change is for rotation of screens in original mame32 relase.

a reason of no snapshot is.. - i cannot change snapshot, when im changing snap in every file and im pressing ok a data for snapshot are not saved so everytime a snapshot is set - C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MyProgramsAlt\MAME\gamename.jpg

solution - put snapshot in that dir :>
    there are no problem if you have 5-10-100 games but i have a full romset for mame 0.121 (incl. CHD) so who cares bout images

sorry for my english

SMa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2007
    Helsinki - Finland
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    My Programs isnt working anymore.... this thread contains an installer for a development version for my programs 2
    It actually works quite well... i have got project64, nes,snes working fine...... i only cant get mame right, imports files but i cant play any due to missing files.(i know that some games are fully working but still dont work) but i think this may be an issue with my roms

i would sugest downloading the myprograms msi and giving it a go.... really looks the goods
    Where can I find that file? :s I went to the whole thread and can't find any url's.

If no public release is available, is there a possibility to get beta-releases?

vasvas

Portal Member
    September 15, 2007
    Home Country
    vasas and level20peon - i found error in this tutorial so MAME doesnt work :) error are in startup dir. Chang "startup dir" from %FILEDIR% to your mame directory dir (games working when i press launch button in config and MP) but there are no screenshoot. whatever, at last ive checked it with latest version of mame32 (0.121) so only problem is with screenshots because mame 0.120 and latest have different folders for every game screenshoots example MAME32\snap\gametitle\0000.png
    a change is for rotation of screens in original mame32 relase.

a reason of no snapshot is.. - i cannot change snapshot, when im changing snap in every file and im pressing ok a data for snapshot are not saved so everytime a snapshot is set - C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MyProgramsAlt\MAME\gamename.jpg

there are no problem if you have 5-10-100 games but i have a full romset for mame 0.121 (incl. CHD) so who cares bout images

sorry for my english

:D that got mame working for me!! ahh finally... Yeah unfortunatlely the snapshot directory stays the same...
    i can live with that... just take a little longer to setup if u want snaps...

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    vasas and level20peon - i found error in this tutorial so MAME doesnt work :) error are in startup dir. Chang "startup dir" from %FILEDIR% to your mame directory dir (games working when i press launch button in config and MP)

Maybe something is wrong with your general settings. I installed the plugin on a clean 0.2.3.0 installation and didn't have to change the "startup dir" to my mame directory (it even is on another HDD than MediaPortal) to make it run.

but there are no screenshoot. whatever, at last ive checked it with latest version of mame32 (0.121) so only problem is with screenshots because mame 0.120 and latest have different folders for every game screenshoots example MAME32\snap\gametitle\0000.pnga change is for rotation of screens in original mame32 relase.

If you work with images the way I described in my "HowTo" you will see thumbnails. This bug already is reported by the way so just hang on for it to be fixed ;)

-level20peon

northern

Portal Member
    November 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Whatever... MyPrograms has had problems for AGES. When I created this thread in JUNE it already had been months... June, July... you do the maths. I respect the rules of this community so I usually don't ask developers themselves for personal support but after nearly a year passed I finally decided to do so in this case. So chefkoch carried on where the progress stopped.
    Don't get me wrong, I am happy you rewrote the code but I don't need code lying on some server for ages, I need a productive MediaPortal environment. I don't think chefkoch has done anything wrong by grabbing OpenSource (!) code and continuing development.

-level20peon
    The thread your'e refering to has nothing to do with this plugin, except that they did use the same codebase (waebard).
    My altplugin didn't include the updates in the thread your'e refering to, and so, don't have them bugs.

Respect.... is that releasing unfinished stuff to the user?? I would consider this an alpha...

Progress stopped .. so you think just because there hasn't been a commit from me in 7 weeks, the project was dead.

But ok, Koch! As you already released it as a test version....*naughty you* ;)
    Could you generatea list of the bugs the user reports, and i could do a cleanup release then...
    Also, we would need someone testing the gamebase stuff...

Also, if someone could test the preconfigured emulator stuff...

vasvas

Portal Member
    September 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Yeah im very happy with this.... it works better than the old my programs..... got me out of trouble, thanks guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom