MyProgramsAlt - A replacement for the old (official) one - not finished (2 Viewers)

Kingmob

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Just a small 'bug' report. I've been using this alpha for a while now and it works great for my games (Snes, amiga, scummVM and pc-games). However, i have a 16:9 tv and my nvidia driver does not allow me to select a 16:9 resolution. PC-games usually do though, so i play them in this resolution (and use anamorphic settings in mediaportal itself).
But if i exit the game, mediaportal will be resized horizontally, probably because of the new resolution. It will only be fixed if i play and exit a video, then it'll reset correctly.
I added the whole 16:9 bit, because i'm not sure if it is a resolution problem, or a problem with the anamorphic settings.

thrilled

Portal Pro
October 30, 2008
Greetings everyone!

I installed MyPrograms Alt today..

I then decided to skip MAME since I will not use it to emulate consoles. So I only followed the installation part for PC games.

I then installed a game and I even used the internet search function to get data added to the game.

Then I enabled the plugin.

When I start MP and go into myprogram alt then I see a folder with the name of my game BUT I don't see any thumbnails or game info at all. If I click on the folder then the game starts directly.

I think something isn't as it should. I expect the gameinfo and thumbs to show up.

Anyone able to tell me what I have done wrong?

/Thrilled

dA.oOZe

Portal Pro
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi.

I am unable to get this plugin to run with MP RC3. Configuration is fine, but when I enter the MyPrograms screen in MP it just freezes. Can't get forth or back, just kill MP via taskmanager.

This happens with all skins I have, so it may not be a skin issue.

Any suggestions? Maybe someone can re-compile the plugin against the latest MP sources?

clud

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
same problem - fullblooded crash with RC3

Im just using it to start IE, Firefox and WinUAE - are we really the only ones using the MyPrograms???
Is there another way to launch external programs - another plugin??

besides the above RC3 rules :D

br

kedde

MetalKiller

Portal Member
October 31, 2008
Hello again,

I am using it to launch the KMPlayer for .ratDVD compressed videos. I dont know if there is another easy way to do it in RC3, any idea?

Thank you very much ;-)

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi.

I am unable to get this plugin to run with MP RC3. Configuration is fine, but when I enter the MyPrograms screen in MP it just freezes. Can't get forth or back, just kill MP via taskmanager.

This happens with all skins I have, so it may not be a skin issue.

Any suggestions? Maybe someone can re-compile the plugin against the latest MP sources?

Hi, I read through the logs and it looks like you installed the Original plugin and not this one. Look in post 38 for the download link to MyPrograms Alt.

/Jimmy

Clud and MetalKiller

I installed Vista and MP RC3 on a new harddrive to see if there is a problem for me with the plugin (Didn't want to mess up my working RC2 install)

I copied my old database and everything is working for me. I tried with Blue2wide and Blue3 skin.

Please post your logs so I can try to help you.

/Jimmy

clud

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    I activate MyPrograms in MP config.
    MP starts up fine - but when I try to enter MyPrograms MP crashes...

see attached logfile

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom