MySleepTimer (6 Viewers)

Anthrax

Portal Pro
February 15, 2007
pretty much in the center
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi smurf,

the screenshot I took depicts the default settings inside MediaPortal...
And as you can see by default the yellow button on your remote is mapped to specific MediaPortal actions which depend on different conditions...
The default settings therefore will only trigger the "REMOTE_YELLOW_BUTTON" action when in Teletext mode or fullscrenn teletext mode!!!

Try to show the teletext inside MediaPortal and see what happens if you press the yellow button...
And then try to change the settings for the other two condions ("Fullscreen" & "No condition") to yellow button action as well - that should do the trick ;)

regards,
Anthrax

Hi deepnight73,

could you please tell us, what kind of remote you have because it's kind of weird that you are able to set up the timer when you press the button once but then aren't able to increase the sleep time...

Are you running any third party software/drivers/mappers for this particular remote???
Please try to set up a key on the keyboard (like the space bar, mute, or whatever) and try this inside mediaportal... just to make sure the problem isn't related to your remote control setup...

bye,
Anthrax

Commerzpunk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Andernach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anthrax wrote:

Hi smurf,

the screenshot I took depicts the default settings inside MediaPortal...
    And as you can see by default the yellow button on your remote is mapped to specific MediaPortal actions which depend on different conditions...
    The default settings therefore will only trigger the "REMOTE_YELLOW_BUTTON" action when in Teletext mode or fullscrenn teletext mode!!!

Try to show the teletext inside MediaPortal and see what happens if you press the yellow button...
    And then try to change the settings for the other two condions ("Fullscreen" & "No condition") to yellow button action as well - that should do the trick

regards,
    Anthrax

As you can read some pages before in this thread I had the same problem.
    The solution is very simple, see the bold text from Anthrax above.

For me, the description for activating this nice plugins should say this much more explicit because its the only change a user has to make to get it working.

Thanks, bye,

Heiko

Commerzpunk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Andernach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks agaiin, I think that should help users to be happy with your very nice plugin!
    At first I was very disappointed because such a nice feature with almost no configuration was not working for me.

Now ist all fine, I love it and I think the documentation update should help growing the fan-base. :-D

deepnight73

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2008
    Hi deepnight73,

could you please tell us, what kind of remote you have because it's kind of weird that you are able to set up the timer when you press the button once but then aren't able to increase the sleep time...

Are you running any third party software/drivers/mappers for this particular remote???
    Please try to set up a key on the keyboard (like the space bar, mute, or whatever) and try this inside mediaportal... just to make sure the problem isn't related to your remote control setup...

bye,
    Anthrax

i use an original MCE RC6 USB Remote
    this one:
    MMC_Fernbedienung.jpg

and jes, i have tryed a key (in my settings "s") on keyboard.

but i vad some problems with update from 1.00 to 1.0.1 (update kills my MP) and now ive been goin back to an secure iso 1.0.0RC3 and all things works fine ;)

smurf

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    I don't understand very well emglish, I'm sorry. I changed my configuration as the attached image but nothing happens and I don't use teletext...

smurf

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    Yes, I setup the ACTION_REMOTE_YELLOW_BUTTON option in your plugin that is active under Mediaportal configurator

Anthrax

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    pretty much in the center
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Smurf,

to be honest I'm running out of options on this one :(
    Did you get the plugin to work with any key from the keyboard and do you have any third party programs for the remote installed? Maybe some other Remote Control software filters the yellow button??? Did the yellow button actually ever worked within MediaPortal?

Keep it up - we'll solve it!

Anyone?

regards,
    Anthrax

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom