MySleepTimer (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now my main complaint is space bar works great for giving you a visible indication of whats set, but this is also "pause", which is not a good default, would much rather this function change over to a unused key like the yellow button in original post, and give visual information that it is set, same as spacebar now, can this be done :)

Otherwise working a treat, nice one

Anthrax

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    pretty much in the center
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes of course - that's the way it's meant to work...
    the behavior (visual indication) stays the same for any action that is selected :)
    Setting it to yellow button means that the plugin waits for this event to be triggered in mediaportal. Are you sure you set your yellow button to perform the appropriate action inside mediaportal configuration???

xmats: i'm about to incorporate your suggestion... give me some time.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    yes of course - that's the way it's meant to work...
    the behavior (visual indication) stays the same for any action that is selected

This will not work on my system, looks like some buttons will just not map correctly (ehome driver default mappings), now this could be down to Vista, so will try tonight with XP, works a treat with unused skip button, so not life or death ;)

Anthrax

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    just have a look at the remote configuration...
    per default, the yellow button on MCE is configured like in the screenshot...
    So when in 'fullscreen' or 'no condition' the assigned action is NOT "REMOTE_YELLOW_BUTTON"!
    I changed these to be "REMOTE_YELLOW_BUTTON" as well, because i never use subtitles or "show info"... therefore it works on my system under any circumstances :)

Could you please volunteer to try changing the settings on your system???

Attachments

• yellow_button.png
      yellow_button.png
      38.2 KB

xmats

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Super. Let me know if you want me to do any beta-testing on it, I'd be happy to oblige!

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is cool

Something I would really love to see is if you can set it to shut down the same time every night

Let me explain why, I usually leave the pc on all day so when me, wife or kids want to watch something its on
    I hate waiting for it to turn on, I know it dont take long but I am impatient...lol

Would be nice if I could just have it shut down every night at say 11 pm

thanks for the work

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anthrax
    i don't use MCE Remote. I'm using IMON where i've set up a specific keyboard key or shortcut.

Anthrax

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

just updated the first post...

xmats: the first time you perform the action and have any kind of media playing it should set the timer to the remaing playtime ;) (please give me feedback on this, cause on my dev machine i just tried it with a short song. hope it works for 60+ mins of remaining playtime!)

disaster123: should work as well! the plugin doesn't care how you fire the selected action inside MediaPortal... so you have to map your desired button to the selected actiontype.

ryan20021982: to be honest i don't want this tiny little thing to become bloatware ;) all this should be in my opinion is an easy to use tv-like sleep timer function...

can't you just setup a windows task that shutsdown your pc at a specific time? (don't know if this works)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom