MySQL 5 vs MS SQL server 2005 (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think using MS SQL Compact Edition would be another choice which should be good enough and you wouldn't have to deal with having to setup an SQL server (I don't see this as a problem but for many less technical users it might be).

If I remember correctly MS SQL compact dont support multiple clients accessing the database. With TVE3's architechture (bad or not, but not going to change) all clients use the DB directly.

bermag

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If I remember correctly MS SQL compact dont support multiple clients accessing the database. With TVE3's architechture (bad or not, but not going to change) all clients use the DB directly.

It does support multiple concurrent access but that is probably only on the same machine and not networked clients.

I thought MP clients were accessing the server using remoting or something and not accessing the database directly.

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I know theres probably still no definative answer...
    But what MySQL 5.1 vs SQL Server 2008? I have a copy of Visual Studio i use for development and so i can that instead. Someone told me 2008 has 'a lot of optimizations' however im not sure which is ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hey, thanks for sharing your experience and the settings you changed to get your Mediaportal PCs working on both Windows 10 and 11! It's always helpful to hear about these kinds of solutions, especially when there isn't much discussion around the issue. I'm not the most tech-savvy person, but I'll definitely keep your tips in mind if...
    Hey, thanks for sharing your experience and the settings you changed to get your Mediaportal PCs working on both Windows 10 and 11...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom