mysqld.exe CPU spikes whenever TV Server is running (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
How does one upgrade from MySQL 5.1 to 5.6? It looks really complicated and some of the instructions are just wrong (e.g. there is no "remove instance" option in the MySQL Server Instance Config Wizard for me).

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It's OK, I backed up TV-Server settings, uninstalled MySQL 5.1 and installed MySQL 5.6. I had to manually add "HTPC" (hostname of HTPC) to the list of allowed hostnames for the "root" account using MySQL Workbench, then I just reinstalled the TV-Server part of DJBlu's Custom Data Grabber. Imported the channels back and configured settings as appropriate.

CPU spikes are still there, albeit lower than before. Can't be sure if that's due to the upgrade though, since it reduced last time I did a complete MP reinstall as well (even though I restored the schedules). Did my MySQL log from before not provide any clues?

jhb

Portal Pro
September 19, 2006
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have a split setup (server separate from client) and I also have the spikes on the client - causing stuttering. I have tries to use UNC paths instead of RTSP without success. It is however not on all channels...
...most SDTV channels are working just fine, they are on other MUXes though.

I never had this type of problems on 1.2.3.

I have the problem on Swedish national TV channels (SVT) both HDTV (running on a Blackgold DVB-T2 card) and SDTV (running on Winfast 1000 DVB-T card). Swedish TV4 and all other channels (encrypted or not) are without stuttering, independent of TV-card (The third card is a FloppyDTV with a CAM for encrypted channels).

Hope this might give some ideas...

2mad

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    had the same problems here (with 1.2.3. on a single setup) - mysld.exe used about 50 percent CPU average, causing stuttering backup of any kind of video.
    as soon as I deleted a view "old" schedules, the CPU usage of mysqld.exe is now below 5 percent. It seems that one schedule with setting "all channels" caused the problem.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hmm.
    I use MS SQL, have no schedules, but the database "eats" 50% of mu CPU.
    As a result, I have troubles with watching all MPEG-4 channels (both DVB-S and DVB-S2).
    Even if they FTA.
    Nothing bad did I have on 1.2.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom