MyTrailers plugin (3 Viewers)

phertiker

Portal Member
June 29, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
the only time i've seen choppy video with youtube or google vids (the only two i use with this plugin) is if i don't wait until the thumbnails are fully downloaded. once they are, smooth sailing.

i'm using svn 10/28, i believe.

iigruntii

October 12, 2006
Home Country
Dual display issues with MyTrailers

I have a problem that cannot be applied using the standard fix. I have two displays a touch screen and a projector, both configured in Nvidia's Clone Mode (i.e. mirrors the two screen). This solution works for all video in MP except for MyTrailers. The video shows up on the touchscreen which is the primary display but not on the projector which is the secondary. I can't switch the two because the touchscreen much be the primary monitor. Any help?

Hemin

Portal Pro
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Spain Spain
deeps said:
guys, is it at all possible to increase the cache length? When i try and watch a trailer, it's quite choppy but the audio is fine. I'm guessing it's because the connection didn't manage to cache enough.

Cheers

I'm having the exact same issue, happens in both myTrailers and myMusicVideos. Have a 20mb ADSL line, so I dont think thats the problem.

Any tips?

Me too, I have a 20Mb/1Mb ADSL. I can watch the same yahoo stream videos without any problem on the firefox browser. This problem make MyTrailers and MyMusicVideos unplayable :(.

ktjensen

Portal Pro
January 21, 2007
Home Country
Finally got WMP10 fixed!!

All,

I have been trying to get WMP10 fixed on my computer. I could not play trailers for the last week. This is the first time I tried and I had a hell of a time getting it to work.

Always try to get videos to play in a window in IE6 first!! If they do not play there, then there are still problems. The myTrailers plugin only works with the movies.yahoo.com web sight with the WMP movies.

Turned out that the default setting in my WMP10 under the WMP10 networks settings page would cause errors. I had to turn off UDP, and then set all to autodetect proxy for the different streaming protocols.

I wish someone had mentioned that somewhere in the various discussions, but no one had. WMP10 is very problematic and I found the solution via multiple pages of readings of error problems for WMP10.

At least it works now.

barkerch

Portal Member
January 29, 2007
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi there,

I think that with the .Net framework, MPortal will pick up settings from the Windows environment.

Like your Internet Explorer settings (eg Tools > Options > Connections Tab > Lan Settings button > Configuration

Or MS Media Player settings (eg Tools > Options > Performance ... also Tools > Options > Network)

Maybe we can get My Trailers to behave this way? I think My Music Videos is in a similar boat, it's abit unclear how to influence streaming video.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Is it me or is anyone else not seeing the cast when selecting that option? I have tried several skins with no changes. I have 0.2.2.0 using SVN 12633 14.01.2007/22.45 CET

GewoonM

February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all!

Is there a way to change the audio-out for this plugin? I've got two soundcards in my pc, one is connected to the tv, the other to my computer boxes.

This comes in very handy, because all Mediaportal sound is automagically going to my tv and when I'm working on my pc the sound is going thru my normal boxes.

However, I've not gotten this to work with myTrailers, there's no option for this in the settings.
    I've also tried setting the WMP settings to the second soundcard, however this only results in WMP-sound playing on the tv, not the myTrailers sound (which is still played on the pc-boxes).

Changing the default Windows sound driver is not an option, I need this to be routed to my first soundcard.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Matthijs

My PC:

Windows XP, SP2
    WMP 11
    MediaPortal 0.2.2.0

oosty

Portal Member
    May 11, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I'm experiencing a bug where after watching a trailer, my secondary monitor will not display until i exit mediaportal, i also like others cannot see the cast list for any movie trailer

I'm running MP 0.2.2 on a AMD X2 4400+ nforce 4 chipset and Leadtek 6600GT Graphics

mochabcha

March 2, 2007
    Home Country
    I've downloaded the plugin but when I play a trailer there's no sound. I figured its just a audio codec problem but I'm not sure.

ronaldjeden

April 5, 2007
    HI all,

I have installed vista + MP + Quicktime. I do not get mytrailers to work. If I click a movie it comes up with an error that it is not able to play the movie. In IE7 movies.yahoo.com work fine. Does anyone have any clue what needs to be doen to get these trailers to work via MP on Vista?

Thx

Ronald (newbie)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom