MyTrailers plugin (1 Viewer)

frogger73

May 21, 2007
Hello,
since few days i can not watch trailers. The information about the movie will be displayed. Have yahoo anything changed? I get this message in the log:

2007-05-21 03:48:00.046875 [Info.][MPMain]: Bug' Bug Teaser Trailer
2007-05-21 03:48:05.750000 [Info.][7]: GUITrailers.DownloadWorker: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
2007-05-21 03:48:05.781250 [Info.][MPMain]: add cmd:MediaPortal.TV.Recording.StopRadioCommand #1

wilriko

July 23, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I thought i had the same black screen problems as others...but mine is different. I can hear the sound of the trailers but see only a black screen....i figured out that the WMP settings are the source of this problem.

If i set in the options>performance tab the streaming speed on an other speed than Cable/DSL 768K than i only hear sound and no view. Because my internet conncetions can't handel that high quality streams i prefer 256K. If i select that option the trailer loads very fast (according to the sound i hear) but it didn't show anything at all, it shows only a black screen.

Please is there anyone who can help me fix this problem? I realy like to watch the trailers in less quality.

Thnx in advance!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hello and thank you for the great plugin!
    will be possible to add http://filmup.it as a datasource (it also has quicktime italian trailers)
    thank you for your work :)

Only if the behind-the-scenes program MTSA will work with that website. But I don't think so, only with Yahoo. The author of this plugin relies on on MTSA to provide trailers and XML to allow the importing. MTSA is programmed by another developer not associated with MediaPortal. If you want to know more about MTSA - please go to ::this website::

Mike

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @mzemina:
    Thank you very much for the informations,
    i frankly prefer MyTrailers for many reasons, mostly related to layout, performance and integration in skins.
    would be possible to use http://it.movies.yahoo.com/trailer-film/ as a datasource as Bracco was suggesting?
    thank you :)

n00n3 - MTSA says (according to the matrix which can be located on ::this webpage::) that Italy is supported, but there is a possibility that Yahoo has changed some of the HTML coding for their web pages lately and this matrix has not been updated. The author of MTSA seems to indicate on that same webpage that he isn't supporting any non-english yahoo websites, but he did release the source code in Visual basic. So if you know that language (or have a friend that does) the MTSA program can be modified to work with changes on Yahoo's website. Opensource allows programmers the ability to continue where the author started!

n00n3

Portal Member
    November 13, 2006
    I'm afraid that my formation haven't ever led me to know any programming language :\ (economics :D)
    i was just reflecting on what does "translation" may mean..
    surely is the localizations of the language files, but i personally think that should also point to a content providing localization (just like mce does, but on a user syndacated offer instead of b2b agreement)

beeing my trailer part of the distro i was just hoping to see the opportunity to let the user choose, related to his language settings in a more or less automated way, the language of the contents he/she's looking for.

Beeing the already scraped for mytrailers yahoo who in the first way localize its content base (review, trailers etc..) i was hoping it coudn't add more weight on the shoulders of developer, and should enhance a lot the "out of the box" non english user experience

I ask that because i think that the Devs are doing not just a great work but an effort that, imho, allow the open-source oriented user to act proud in marketing the OS philosophy each time they got friends@home - and promote peace of mind with girlfriend@home :D

singer36

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi all !

in france, this plugin used to work until now.
    But since 2 or 3 days, it does not work !

i think the yahoo pages structure has changed, and that's why he can't point to the videos...

the plugin needs to be updated.

regards,

singer36

moobaque

September 27, 2007
    Home Country
    This is the first time i have tried to use the trailer plugin and im running the stable release of mp 0.2.3

The problem im getting is what codec its trying to use. I have no problems playing any type of media except this streaming video. Sound is perfect but the video is pretty much just made up of flat colour red, blue and green!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom