MyTrailers plugin (1 Viewer)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Devs,

Is this plugin supported anymore? Its just a few people are posting with the same issue, but no-one has said its being looked into and it isn't on the roadmap error list.

Would really love this to be fixed, its a great little plugin.

Cheers,
Colin

WhiteDog

Portal Member
December 19, 2005

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    what about apple quicktime trailers icm with mplayer?

the big thing is u can get 720p trailers

this already works in another plugin plus the apple site is very quick in loading streams

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    If its apple .mov files, then shouldn't they work with the internal player as long as quicktime alternative is installed?

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Spudr,

I gave the myshowtimes a try but I the streaming didnt seem to work. Also, is it limited to showing only trailers which are currently on at the local cinema? The My trailers plugin looks and feels much better and you can search trailers etc.

So I would still really hope that the My Trailers plugin is updated to work again. Its a great, tidy and handy plugin. I love it.

Cheers,
    Colin

poktor

Portal Member
    March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Spudr,

I gave the myshowtimes a try but I the streaming didnt seem to work. Also, is it limited to showing only trailers which are currently on at the local cinema? The My trailers plugin looks and feels much better and you can search trailers etc.

So I would still really hope that the My Trailers plugin is updated to work again. Its a great, tidy and handy plugin. I love it.

Cheers,
    Colin

1: if you want a big list, then simply use the lokation of a big city with lots of theaters. London for example.

2: To use streaming, you have to install VLC or Mplayer plugin.

Cheers,

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi whats VLC?

Also, I assume the mplayer plugin is a seperate external program that runs when you play streams? Do I always have the use mplayer for all media playback or just for these streams in myshowtime? I really want to stick to using internal players with MP. I'm not keen on the idea of all these add-ons. Just trying to keep things simple ;0)

Cheers,
    Colin

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    MPlayer is an external media player (Google MPlayerfr the URL), as is VLC (Video Lan Client i think!)
    I haven't tried the streaming yet - but i might (I have MPayer installed...).
    I download the trailers @ 720 quality overnight, that seems to work :)

the Showtimes package will ONLY show the trailers for the films on now though (AFAIK)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom