MyTV Files and Parsing (1 Viewer)

rhmclay

Portal Member
December 26, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Everyone,

I pointed the MyTV to my ripped TV shows and it showed up the one series that was in there, and I was able to get it to parse. I hit import and it brought the series in, but in duplicate, plus for whatever reason it didn't recognize one of the episodes. So needless to say, I wanted to not have it in there twice, so I deleted the database, and restarted. When I went back in to configure the plug-in, and pointed it to my folder again, it no longer showed any of the files. When I hit the parse test nothing comes up, nothing at all. Not even the episode in red, as if it isn't parsing correctly, which it did initially.

So, does it remember that I pulled in the episodes and won't pull them back in again? I went into MP and to the MyTV Shows and it doesn't show any of the episodes, so I am at a loss. I renamed the db3 file to something else, so it would be a fresh database, but that hasn't worked either.

Thanks for any help

rhmclay

Portal Member
December 26, 2009
Home Country
Well I am still new to the MP stuff, but it is not the one that requires a tv tuner card, so I am guessing that I have the MY TV Series Plugin? Is there a separate forum for each? If so, sorry.

As I said, I am not sure what to do. Maybe I will try and delete the shows and re-add, but I fear it will not help. Any advice?

Thanks Again!!!

rhmclay

Portal Member
December 26, 2009
Home Country
Sorry about that everyone. Like I said, still getting used to the whole MP thing. So does anyone have any ideas/advice? I would like to start ripping the tv series I have, but don't want to until I have it fixed. I haven't even been able to add them manually. When I renamed the old database, I thought when it created the new one it would have solved it but no luck. Is there a back-up/2 databases that I need to rename?

Thanks and sorry about placing in the wrong forum.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Kill database, as in delete it completly, and re-run configuration, re-configure all your settings (import path is minimal required, but make sure you look over the other settings for a personalized experiment).

Now do not hit 'start import' button immedatly, but verify that all the episodes parse correctly first. They will light up in 'green' when they do, and in 'red' when they do not.

Then first fix all the red entries, by going to Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software website manually and to view the 'All' season listing on the TV show in question. For example Frasier @ Frasier: Complete Episode List

Also be sure to scroll to the bottom of that webpage and verify you are in the right view (there is one for Aired and DVD order), because those are not always the same.

The minimum that MP-TVSeries need to parse correctly is show name, season number and episode number.

Example: "Frasier S06E14.avi"

If you have a single file for a 2-parter, then use the following format: "Frasier S06E23-24.avi"

The problem with most parser errors is when your filename contains extra information that is confusing the regular expression. So either rename the filename (recommended), add custom regular expressions to combat it (complex), or add string filters that will execute before the regular expressions are parsed (tricky).

rhmclay

Portal Member
    December 26, 2009
    Home Country
    OK. So I deleted the database and went back in to re-configure. I clicked the re-do a local parsing test button and it brings in season 2. Still is not bringing in Season 1, so not sure. I did restart after deleting the database.

And with Season 2 it is still showing duplicates for the episode. It is seeing both the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VTS_01_0.IFO files. Do I need to delete one of these when I rip the show to the HDD?

Any other ideas on the Season 1 still not showing?? Thanks for all your help!!!

rhmclay

Portal Member
    December 26, 2009
    Home Country
    kiwijunglist,

I was trying not to use iso's so I don't have to mount anything. Are you saying if I use iso's all my issues will be rectified? Maybe I'll have to conisder it again.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom