MyVideo 1.3.0 Feedback (2 Viewers)

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't have MP access right now, but can't you:

- create manual entries for all those numerous mkvs, with description, pics...
    - group those entries to "Concert LIVE in Exampletown"

?

Or isn't that what you are looking for?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well actually I was looking for a way where I could fill in the description for the different DVD's of one DVD box
    but now I switched to the title view and grouped all the different mkv's under one title.
    That was not 100% what I was trying to do but I think I can live with it. ;)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, Deda, as forever, i come to you, for the same missing feature for me; since the addition of NFO (and users want folder for movie ) : it's movie-info on folder, when is checked in config.
    it's boring/long to go into the folder to see the information
    Enter -> Down -> Esc (turnaround) :confused:
    i hope this feature for Beta version. :notworthy:

pody

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Everything is great except the whole import part. I only imported a few of my Bluray movies because I will not manually add several hundred movies. Everyone of them gets an error. All my movies uses scene release names so nothing imports automatically like in moving pictures.

I must mention the cast information in the movie details. It's one of those features that is pretty epic for my part. I love going trough actors and directors imdb information. Especially when you recognize an actor in a movie your watching and you can check right after to see what movie you remembered him from, and you don't even have to walk over to or grab the pc/laptop to check it. (y)

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    In 1.3.0B all what is needed is txt or nfo txt file with IMDb number in it and you can name your video files as you like :).

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello again...

Despite having said that I was satisfied with the workaround from above about the ability to
    edit folders without video files in it, I started to think the whole thing over and came
    across another occasion where this would come in quite handy.
    Having movie-collections like James Bond in your private collection would be one example
    where creating and describing a folder for all the single movies would make sense.
    You would then have an entry with something like "James Bond 007 Collection" and
    maybe some warm words of explanation to the whole series and when you hit that
    you would come to the different movies with their own descriptions...
    Does that make as much sense to you as it does to me? ;)

Cheers,

Rico

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Well, I can add possibility to add group description which will be visible in MoviePlot area but that description should be added outside of MP (in VideoDatabase editor) because there is no Text editor GUI control except one liner keyboard entry which is IMHO not very usable to enter some kind of larger txt :). On the end of txt will be append all Movies inside that group as they are now.

pody

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    In 1.3.0B all what is needed is txt or nfo txt file with IMDb number in it and you can name your video files as you like :).

Great stuff Deda! I can't wait for that!
    I guess I'll just have to "manage" with moving pictures for now. :p

Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    but that description should be added outside of MP (in VideoDatabase editor)
    That's what I thought, I think editing such things inside mp isn't practicable anyway...
    It would be cool if that became a possible improvement of MyVideo. (y)

Cheers,

Rico

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom