MyVideo 1.3.0 Feedback (2 Viewers)

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
Simply, don't have a clue :), never tried that. Probably, if CD/DVD disk have recorded nfo on Disc root it will pass, export no way :)
Okay, then I probably try my luck with softlinks ...
I did not yet have the time to try this. But I had two other ideas on how to solve this:
  1. let the user define an import/export path for at least dvd and blu ray
  2. make use of the filenameandpath-tag for those media

Overlooked in Christmas stress or not possible?

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Deda
I was wondering if it would be possible to remove the director and writer from the actors section of the NFO files created by Videos as they are listed in their own sections, and when importing to MFs from the NFO the director and writers are treated as actors.

An example the actors section:

<actor>
<name>Karyn Kusama</name>
<role>Director</role>
<imdb>nm0476201</imdb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Phil Hay</name>
<role>Writer</role>
<imdb>nm0006534</imdb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Matt Manfredi</name>
<role>Writer</role>
<imdb>nm0542062</imdb>
</actor>
<name>Charlize Theron</name>
<role>Æon Flux</role>
<imdb>nm0000234</imdb>
</actor>

An example the director and writers section:

<director>Karyn Kusama</director>
<directorimdb>nm0476201</directorimdb>
<credits>Phil Hay / Matt Manfredi</credits>

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I maybe found a little bug concerning the sort-order of movies in user groups.
    I wanted to sort the movies inside a user group by year and in case that's all the same to have them sorted by name.
    But what I realized before reaching this is that whenever I want to sort by year (set in mp config) the actual order is sorted by viewed.
    When I then change the sort order to year (inside gui) it will indeed be sorted by year but will be set back to viewed after a new start of mp...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Deda
    I was wondering if it would be possible to remove the director and writer from the actors section of the NFO files created by Videos as they are listed in their own sections, and when importing to MFs from the NFO the director and writers are treated as actors.
    +1 - According to the MP wiki page for NFO file support :
    The XML structure follows XBMC Movies style with additional tags specific only for MediaPortal (they will not break compatibility with XML style).
    However, the page you link to clearly indicates <director> separate from <actor> and <role> is the part/character they played in the movie, not their title. As TLD indicated above, in some cases Videos exports <role>Writer</role> while in others <role>Æon Flux</role> (character name)

Last edited:

Smirk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorting movie lists by date isn't working for me.
    If I try to sort by date I get an unsorted list and for every movie in it the date shows "01.01.0001 00:00".
    The dateAdded in the videos database has correct values for all movies and the latest added movies overview on basic home shows the correct movies (even with correct date in default skin).

Is this a configuration or general issue?

Regards,
    Smirk

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Isn't working for me either and can someone confirm my bug from the post above?
    Sort by years in user groups leads to getting sorted by viewed...

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Sorting movie lists by date isn't working for me.
    If I try to sort by date I get an unsorted list and for every movie in it the date shows "01.01.0001 00:00".
    The dateAdded in the videos database has correct values for all movies and the latest added movies overview on basic home shows the correct movies (even with correct date in default skin).

Is this a configuration or general issue?

Regards,
    Smirk

Ok first this. Yes, no sorted by date because database views doesn't use files but database so sorted by date doesn't work.

So we have 2 options:
    1. Remove Sort by date in database views (date added and watched are not affected by this) - actually I don't see the point to sort by date movies, files yes in share view as those dates are stripped from files in MP core
    2. Read files and fetch dates from files over and over again whenever we end in title view (can really slowdown experience in case of network files or huge movie collection)

I'm for option 1 but would like to hear others .

There is an option 3 to add file dates into database but this can be implemented not before 1.4.0

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @Deda - what do you mean by 'Sort by Date ,,,(date added and watched are not affected by this). What date if not date added?
    I almost always use sort by 'date added' in database view because I want to see my most recent movies first. I think what you are saying is that is still supported right? Just checking ;)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Y, date added and date watched are not sort by date. Sort by date is related to video file (Creation date of file)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom