myVoice Open Beta (1 Viewer)

no1spirite

Portal Member
May 26, 2007
Herts
Home Country
England England
Guys. Completely ignore my last message. What a tool I am. I didn't have the myVoiceProcess plugin enabled. Works like a dream now. :oops:

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
lol no1sprite, I was just typing up the response. I'll leave it here as it may help people troubleshoot. Glad it's working for you

There isn't any actually any config in the "my voice Window" plugin. It's under process plugins, "my voice Process". The window plugin actually only hooks into the process plugin and allows some basic control.

Do you have a speech profile named "Default Speech Profile"?
The default theme relies upon there being a speech profile called that. If not, no biggie. Just go to the process plugin config, and set the correct profile (check out the help on how to do this).
If this isn't your problem, look for a log file under MP/logs called myVoice.log. There may be some info there that may help, telling you if it has problems with translating your db's. You can post it if you want. Also include a file called myVoice.xml that's located in your MP folder. That contains the info that I'm writing for use with the speech engine.

Also, as there's no default playbacks included, it may be difficult to figure out if it's listening or not. I would add a couple of wave snippets to the default theme for the activation and de-activation phrases.

reven

Portal Member
July 12, 2005
not sure if this is possible, but it would be handy to have a indicator on the screen whenever the computer is actively listening. ie just a little microphone in the top corner would be fine.

currently i have to say something to check if the computer is still listening.

Pando

Portal Member
June 28, 2006
booyakasha, having a bit of a problem ! when I try to clik on the process config I get an error the log file is as follows

2007-05-27 15:01:05.500000 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoiceProcess exception:confused:ystem.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoice' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004503A): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {47206204-5ECA-11D2-960F-00C04F8EE628} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 8004503a.
at MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoice..ctor()
at MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoice..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoiceProcess.Start()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

hope you can help all the best Pando

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Pando: Did you use the old version of myVoice (v .1)? If so, make sure you remove the Interop.SpeechLib.dll and any of the other old myVoice related files from the plugins/process folder. I list them in the help file.

reven: That's one of the things I haven't had time to figure out how to do yet, but it is on my to-do list

Pando

Portal Member
June 28, 2006
I think I need to do a clean install. I used the plugin on my laptop and all worked ok. cheers for now

no1spirite

Portal Member
May 26, 2007
Herts
Home Country
England England
Has anyone got any suggestions for the best type of mic (make and model) for this plugin? I have one of these unidirectional mics and could do with something with a better range/scope. Answers on a postcard.....

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
I post a few suggestions on the previous page (post 116). I generally use my xbox360 wireless set nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread