myVoice Open Beta (2 Viewers)

tomtotom2

Portal Member
November 23, 2005
New Version not working for me

Hi!

I deeply admire you plugin - finally somebody is listening to what I say!
Evreything worked fine with the old version, but I can`t seem to get the new one working. I installed as I should , but MP is not responding and my logfile says something like this:

Exception
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045048): Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80045048
bei SpeechLib.ISpeechRecoGrammar.CmdLoadFromFile(String FileName, SpeechLoadOption LoadOption)
bei MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoice.initSAPI()Error - initSAPI

What did I do wrong?

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Installed the new version according to your instructions, but it doesn't work for me. Did I miss something ?

myVoice.log
    2007-03-31 13:13:29 - myVoice engine started
    2007-03-31 13:13:29 - Loaded 2262 Songs
    2007-03-31 13:13:29 - Loaded 32 genres
    2007-03-31 13:13:29 - Loaded 1155 Artist
    2007-03-31 13:13:29 - Loaded 0 Radio Stations
    2007-03-31 13:13:29 - Loaded 27 TV Channels
    2007-03-31 13:13:30 - Exception
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045048): Undantag från HRESULT: 0x80045048
    vid SpeechLib.ISpeechRecoGrammar.CmdLoadFromFile(String FileName, SpeechLoadOption LoadOption)
    vid MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoice.initSAPI()Error - initSAPI

error.log
    2007-03-31 13:13:30.046875 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoiceProcess exception:confused:ystem.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045001): Undantag från HRESULT: 0x80045001
    vid SpeechLib.ISpeechRecoGrammar.CmdSetRuleIdState(Int32 RuleId, SpeechRuleState State)
    vid MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoice.ActivateGrammars()
    vid MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoice.Start()
    vid MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoiceProcess.Start()
    vid MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

The Microsoft Speech Engine works great in windows. I'm using the latest stable build of Media Portal.

/Jimmy

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    tomtotom2 and jimmyo: There may be a problem with some of the characters from the music tags that is causing the problem. There should be a file called myvoice.xml in the MP root folder. If you could attach that to a post it would help me figure out what's going on.

strontium: are you calling for a radio station by chance?

I'm away from home right now, but I'll look into these issues in more detail when I return on Monday.

Thanks for the responses.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi Booyakasha, this is the same error that I was getting. I never worked out a solution to it.
    I sent you an email too, btw. ;-)

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi again, some feedback to you

Spent a couple of hours yesterday renaming files & editing tags that contained Swedish, German, Spanish and French characters. Sorry to say that it didn't help.
    Then I deleted the musicdatabase so that there are no songs in it, but the same error message still appears in the log.

Have attached the file you reqested

/Jimmy

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi jimmyo,

Thanks for the file. The problem was the lack of description for a TV Channel (id 195) in the database. I didn't expect to see that, but I guess that's what this whole process is about. I've modified the code to ignore such a situation and post an appropriate log entry. Although I've updated the entire package, the only file you'll need from it is the myVoice.dll. Just put that into your MP root folder and you should be good to go.

Thanks again

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the help, no errors now.

Next thing I tried was to to use my musicdatabase, but I get the same error as before.
    I opened the voice.xml and noticed that you strip special charachters now :)

The problem is that you strip to much, you have stripped out numbers...
    Example: U2 = U, 2 Unlimited = Unlimited, 666 = nothing = error?

I'm attaching the xml file for you.

/Jimmy

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Next thing I tried was to to use my musicdatabase, but I get the same error as before.
    I opened the voice.xml and noticed that you strip special charachters now :)

The problem is that you strip to much, you have stripped out numbers...
    Example: U2 = U, 2 Unlimited = Unlimited, 666 = nothing = error?

Yes, I was stripping out numbers and other special characters, as I was trying to program around music tags that looked like "05 - song name", or those titles with non-English characters. I guess it's one of those catch 22 type of things.

Here's an updated version that adds digits back into the mix. Hopefully that will solve the issue of it not starting. It should recognize "U2", and "2 Unlimited" now, but may not for "666", or something like "1st person". I guess the key here is at least understand what's happening until a way can be found to get around the issues.

Although your tags are fine, poor tagging is certainly a problem, to which I'm not sure there'll be an easy fix.

To update you'll need myVoice.dll, myVoiceProcess.dll, and myVoiceWindow.dll

Thanks again for your feedback and testing.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi booyakasha,

I would love to be able to install and use your My Voice plugin, but I am using a recent SVN version of MediaPortal.

Is there any chance that you might compile a version that will work with MP 0.2.2.0 SVN, soon ...... pleeeeease .... :D

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi booyakasha,

I would love to be able to install and use your My Voice plugin, but I am using a recent SVN version of MediaPortal.

Is there any chance that you might compile a version that will work with MP 0.2.2.0 SVN, soon ...... pleeeeease .... :D

I've heard from one source that it does work with a recent SVN build. As I've said, I haven't tried it myself, but I'd say try it and see. You can always remove it if it doesn't work. It's more of a case of me not wanting to support multiple versions of it at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread