myVoice Open Beta (1 Viewer)

marculos

Portal Member
January 22, 2007
Bluetooth Headset

Hi,

MyVoice worked great with my mic from my soundcard but I can't seem to get it to work with my bluetooth headset any ideas ?

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

MyVoice worked great with my mic from my soundcard but I can't seem to get it to work with my bluetooth headset any ideas ?

It's been a while since I've tried this (setting up a BT headset seems to be a manual process to me :(), but this is what I recall trying:

- Make sure your BT headset is paired, correct mic selected, etc.

- Create a new speech profile in the control panel app.

- Train it with your BT headset. This is because the input coming from the headset probably isn't as clear as the mic attached to the soundcard. This should allow the speech system to better understand you.

- In myVoice process plugin config, set the profile of the theme to the new BT one you just created. You should also be able to change this "on the fly" from within MP. Navigate to the window plugin screen, and activate the new profile.

If anybody has any better methods of BT headset pairing, mic selection, volume adjustments, please post, as I'm really interested in this, but just don't seem to find the time to delve deeper.

marculos

Portal Member
January 22, 2007
Hi, many thanks for this, how to I get to reassign a speech profile, I can't see anywhere this can be changed either in MP setup or within MP. Thanks in advance.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi, many thanks for this, how to I get to reassign a speech profile, I can't see anywhere this can be changed either in MP setup or within MP. Thanks in advance.

There are two ways to do this.

1. Start up MP setup, go to plugins->process plugins->myVoiceProcess. Right click and click on configuration. In the tree view, you'll see an item named "Global Settings". Right click that and you'll see a list of settings. Use the drop down where you see the profile (3rd item), and select your new profile. Press apply to save the changes.

2. With MP started, go to my plugins->myVoiceWindow. Click on Profiles, and you'll see the profiles there. Click on the one you want, and press apply. This method isn't permanent, but does allow for switching profiles.

btw: This info is basically in the help file. There are two versions included with the download, a browser based one and a chm one. Have a quick read over it, as it should answer some of the questions you may have.

blaster200

Portal Member
April 15, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a question about using the mic for this if anyone is good with electronics and stuff.

I wanna add 4 mic's and place them in each corner of my living room, just for this plugin.. Whats the best way to add 4 mic's to the single mic connector on the soundcard ?

I know these mic's have only 2 wires... would joining them up in parallel be good enough ? or would I need some kind of preamp/mixer ? to boost the 4 mic's ? If so any suggestions where I might get a cheap one ?

Any help would be appreciated.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
blaster200: I think you'd need a mixer for this as the level of the mics would be different. Also, you'd be picking up a lot of ambient noise from your speakers which is the bigger problem.

I've looked a little bit into this, and there are microphones built for this type of app. Acoustic Magic and Andrea make microphones especially for this. I haven't tried either one, as the price on the AM is a bit too steep, but they do look interesting.

I also wanted to mention my recent experiment. I have a wireless headset for my XBOX 360, and yesterday I purchased a wireless gaming receiver for the PC to allow all the 360 controllers and headsets to work with the PC. The pairing works flawlessly, and if you create a recognition profile for the headset, it works great with the plugin.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have tried many, many times to download the latest software from http://www.wheelscanfly.com/myVoice/myVoice.rar and the download process completes before the whole 1.29 MB has been downloaded - which means I end up with a corrupt Voice.rar file .... :(

Interesting. Are you using IE by chance? I just notice that happens when you use IE, but doesn't when you use Mozilla. Weird. Anyways, I've posted it at the bottom of this post using the forum attachment feature.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    :D booyakasha - I now have a successful download of the myVoice.rar file ....

Yes, I am using IE6 - as you say, it is weird ...

no1spirite

Portal Member
    May 26, 2007
    Herts
    Home Country
    England England
    Struggling

Hi there all.

I'm having problems getting this plugin to work. I'm using MP 0.2.2.0 (stable release). I've followed the instructions in the help files to the letter and have reviewed everything in this thread but still can't get the thing working.

I have "Microsoft English Recognizer v5.1" selected and trained in my speech properties. I have "playback" muted in the volume control. I've extracted the files to the correct locations. I don't have the skype plugin installed. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

In the MP config window under plugins I can see the "My Voice Window" icon which is enabled. It doesn't however have any "configuration" option when I right click it. Is this right?:confused:

I'm not normally this inept with this stuff but this one has really got me.:mad:

Booyakasha, I think your a genious. It's about time someone wrote this plugin. Nice 1.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread