myVoice Open Beta (2 Viewers)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
I see the characters you're talking about fchristi. I'm positive they'll cause problems in the speech engine. I'll have to look for those characters and potentially drop the song unless you know of a way to convert them to english equivalents pronounciation wise.

btw: I PM'd you.

guanodude

June 6, 2007
Awesome, after trying and trying, it's beginning to work.

Now all I need is some more training I guess, because when I said 'Exit', it opened my playlist. ;-)

RaDiKal

Portal Pro
October 2, 2006
Central New York State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Now all I need is some more training I guess, because when I said 'Exit', it opened my playlist. ;-)

Go to Start->Control Panel->Speech and select the "Train Profile" button. The more you do the better it is at figuring out your speech. Invest 20 minutes and the system becomes fairly resonsive.

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    Please note: There seems to be an incompatibility between more recent SVN builds and this plugin. I'm researching the issue(s). Thanks for the info RaDiKal

Any idea which SVN's were the last to cooperate with this plugin? Don't necessarily need an exact build, but this thing looks sooo cool and I'd like to try it without giving up other plugins that like newer SVNs.

Thanks a gazillion for creating this!

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I didn't know how to delete that post, so I edited it, with the reason: "Please disregard this post". I'll go back and just delete the content I guess.

Anyways, SVN's don't affect it. There may be issues as you've seen from some of these recent posts, but they're basically problems with tags and converting them to something the speech engine can recognize. I'm still researching some problems but give it a shot, and let me know if you have problems/errors etc.

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    Awesome, thanks! I'm doing a complete re-install tonight so I'll give it a go.

guanodude

June 6, 2007

Go to Start->Control Panel->Speech and select the "Train Profile" button. The more you do the better it is at figuring out your speech. Invest 20 minutes and the system becomes fairly resonsive.

I know, I'm working on it.
    It's starting to get better.

Oh, I have one question: what do you need to make the plugin say the words you can type in the config-window?
    It gave me an error, but I can't remember what it was, and it won't show up again.
    All I get is the bla bla-sound.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Oh, I have one question: what do you need to make the plugin say the words you can type in the config-window?
    It gave me an error, but I can't remember what it was, and it won't show up again.

What config window? MediaPortal setup? It won't work there. Also, what blah, blah sound are you talking about?

guanodude

June 6, 2007

What config window? MediaPortal setup? It won't work there. Also, what blah, blah sound are you talking about?

Indeed I was talking about the config in the MP setup.
    I found the problem: The TTS-response isn't working.
    Instead of: "The time is now" it says blah blah blah blah, and no time.

Solution: I selected another voice. That worked.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    The blah blah blah is what you get if you download a sample of a commercial voice.
    The samples only say certain words and you have to pay big $$$ if you want the type of human voice quality you get when calling phone companies etc.

Users who are viewing this thread