myVoice Open Beta (1 Viewer)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is it possible to switch off the xml generation for songs. i've got about 50000 songs and loading MP takes a long time. I'd just like to use artist and album names

Currently you can't do that, but I'll look at adding those options in a future release. I posted (post #165) a test release that improved the loading times quite a bit. Give that one a try to see if the results are more acceptable in the meantime.
Also, myVoice doesn't do albums. The tags I've seen for albums were terrible, so I dropped the functionality from the release. I'll add the functionality back, hopefully in the next release, but I'm not sure how good the results will be. Thanks for the feedback.

Andreas26

Portal Pro
February 9, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
hey there everyone.

just tried to install myvoice plugin.......but no option of myvoice in the mp setup......:-(((((( kann anybody tell me whats wrong?

using a german version of mp...is this maybe the problem?

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
hey there everyone.

just tried to install myvoice plugin.......but no option of myvoice in the mp setup......:-(((((( kann anybody tell me whats wrong?

using a german version of mp...is this maybe the problem?

Make sure you select the my Voice Process plugin for the configuration. There isn't any configuration for the window plugin portion.

Andreas26

Portal Pro
February 9, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
sorry think u got me wrong.

i copied the files to the folder like u write it in the help file.

but when i enter mp setup i can only enable or disable the plugin.......but there is nothing to configurate the plugin. i think there is still a file missing in some folder.....but i dont find the mistake......ahhhh help

RaDiKal

Portal Pro
October 2, 2006
Central New York State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
sorry think u got me wrong.

i copied the files to the folder like u write it in the help file.

but when i enter mp setup i can only enable or disable the plugin.......but there is nothing to configurate the plugin. i think there is still a file missing in some folder.....but i dont find the mistake......ahhhh help

Scroll down through the plug in icons until you get to the Process Plugins. You should see myVoiceProcess as one of the first icons. That's the one to right click and configure.
myvoiceconfigcl7.png

If you don't see that, then recheck your install:

MediaPortal (root):
Interop.SpeechLib.dll
myVoice.dll

Plugins\Process:
myVoiceProcess.dll
myVoiceSettings.xml

Plugins\Process\myVoice\default:
myVoiceMap.xml

Plugins\Windows:
myVoiceWindow.dll

The myVoiceProcess.dll in the Plugins\Process subdir is the one I'd think you want to make sure is there. Should be 48K (mine is dated April 19th, 2007, 7:29pm).

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I love this plugin, it's funny, when it was first made, there was a little bit of interest, thn every few months more people find it and realise how great it is.

I think because it is such a simple (in an elegant way not a bad way) plugin, pople don't realise it's full potential until they actually tak the time to install and use it.

Excellent work :)

(I know I've said that before)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, I am patiently (anxiously ... ;) ) waiting for a release that will work with 0.2.3.0RC1 - I would love to try it out and use it - sounds very intriguing ... :)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Isn't it compatle with 0.2.3? Then it's that reason I can't get it working.

Well, I am not sure now - I read a post by booyakasha earlier that said:-

"Please note: There seems to be an incompatibility between more recent SVN builds and this plugin. I'm researching the issue(s)."

But that post has since been deleted, so maybe the current release should work OK with 0.2.3.0RC1 .... :confused:

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey all,

I'm currently running it on .2.3RC1 on my dev box. I haven't seen anything that doesn't work yet.

Taipan: Yeah, sorry about that post. A set of cirumstances led me to believe it didn't work, but it ended up being unrelated to the SVN's, so I removed it as another user had the same question.

There is a problem though when the tags begin or end with numeric info. It seems the speech engine doesn't like it. Currently, you'll get an error like "Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program". I'm currently working on a set of options to adjust the way it parses and translates the tags. In the meantime this replacement dll parses the beginning and end for numeric data and converts it to text.

Bertuz: What problems are you having? If you can post your myvoice log file, I may be able to direct you to a solution.

Glad you're still liking it Marcusb. You've been using it from the beginning, so you've really seen the changes over the last year from simple navigation to what it's slowly becoming: a nice supplement to the remote. I'm not sure it will ever completely replace the remote, but that's basically my goal. Not that there's anything wrong with a remote of course...lol

Users who are viewing this thread