myVoice Open Beta (3 Viewers)

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Got this running and it's great! I'm using a cheap mic, only trained it for the initial five minute setup, and sitting across the room with an outside door open and a fan on in the next room, but it still responds correctly to all my commands. Amazing, like a whole new HTPC experience.

Some folks earlier were looking for free TTS voice alternatives. A handful are available here including some non-English voices. I haven't tried any of them and suspect that they are all as unnatural as the defaults, but at least it's some variety.

At&T also has a page that allows you to type text and download a wav file of one of their voices saying it. I don't know if it's possible to use wavs for the TTS response, but this could be a good way to get a set of unique responses with a consistent voice.

Thanks again for the great plugin!

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I don't know if it's possible to use wavs for the TTS response, but this could be a good way to get a set of unique responses with a consistent voice.

You don't have to use TTS for responses. You can just add your favourite clip as a wave response. It's the item below where you enter your TTS response.
    There's also a way to make your own voices with the SDK I believe, but I've never really explored it as I don't want to listen to myself.

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    One more quick question.

Since I started using the voice plugin, MP takes far longer to startup than previously. Before it was probably around 15 seconds, now it's more like two minutes or more. The splash screen hangs at "Starting plugins" for most of this time, but it eventually loads fine.

Is this normal behavior or anything to worry about?

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    One more quick question.

Since I started using the voice plugin, MP takes far longer to startup than previously. Before it was probably around 15 seconds, now it's more like two minutes or more. The splash screen hangs at "Starting plugins" for most of this time, but it eventually loads fine.

Is this normal behavior or anything to worry about?

How many songs are you loading up? It's really dependant on that from what I've seen. I've seen it take almost a minute with 7000+ songs, so if you have double that, it could be that long. It's basically the engine loading the generated xml file that's taking the time. It's one line of code for me, so unfortunately there's not a lot I can do.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    For anyone having tagging issues or load time issues, here's a test release that could help. If a song's tag begins or ends in numeric data, the engine doesn't seem to like it. Instead of dropping them, I'm now converting the numeric data to text (thanks for the idea RaDiKal), so that "38 Special" becomes "Thirty Eight Special". I also do some non-english character conversion which seems to improve loading times. The log file now contains the songs (including the id from the db) that are dropped from the recognition system, as well as a timer for loading the xml file.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Dude, this is awesome. I got it up and running yesterday and stayed up until 1:00 am playing with it. I had to be to work by 7 am, too. I am just starting to get into this, but one thing I didn't see or could figure out was this.

I was doing the following command:

computer
    music genres electronic

and it would play that genre.

but then I would like to be able to say "visualize" and have it go to fullscreen visualizations.

how do I do that, or is it not possible?

thanks. This is TOO cool.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    but then I would like to be able to say "visualize" and have it go to fullscreen visualizations.

how do I do that, or is it not possible?
    Glad you're having fun with it. I'm not up to speed on that particular aspect of MP, but is there a key you normally use on the remote or keyboard that does this? If so, let me know, and I'll try and point you in the right direction.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    just tried it out with a keyboard key. Keyboard shortcut 'X' switches to the fullscreen visualization just like I want.

thanks

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    just tried it out with a keyboard key. Keyboard shortcut 'X' switches to the fullscreen visualization just like I want.

There's a couple ways to do this.
    1. Open up myVoiceProcess configuration. Navigate to General Actions. You'll see an item called "Toggle GUI and Fullscreen". You can press F2 to edit that and change it to visualization. Apply the changes.

2. Open up myVoiceProcess configuration. Navigate to General Actions. Right click on it and select Add. Type in Visualization and enter 18 as a value for the ID. Apply the changes. The system will then respond to either command.

I'd probably use the second method, and change the name to "Toggle Visualization", as it won't understand "visualization on/off". It might make sense to change "Toggle GUI and Fullscreen" to just "Toggle Fullscreen" to make it consistent when dealing with video, etc.

As a note to all, the items in the General Actions section mimic the Global Actions under "Keys and Sounds" in MP Setup and the voice command is typically the same as the description. I'll make sure I point this out more clearly in the help file on next release.

bruddha

June 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Is it possible to switch off the xml generation for songs. i've got about 50000 songs and loading MP takes a long time. I'd just like to use artist and album names.
    otherwise, this plugin is absolutely stunning. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread