myVoice Open Beta (3 Viewers)

roel_hendr

January 5, 2008
VIsta

Hi,

I really want to use this plugin, but my OS is Vista Home Premium. Can you adjust the plugin that it also works with Vista?

Thanks...

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi roel_hendr,
At some point I'll get to writing a version for Vista, but I'm not sure when that will be. R/L is pretty busy for me right now, and I haven't had much time to look into what all the differences are between the speech engines

Tide

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
My Voice Questions

I am using My Voice with a SVN version of the client and TV Server. I was looking as my log folder for other reasons and saw the myvoice.log and decided to have a look. I see something that looks funny to me.

4/6/2008 6:55:23 PM - myVoice engine started
4/6/2008 6:55:45 PM - Loaded 1748 Songs
4/6/2008 6:55:45 PM - Loaded 17 genres
4/6/2008 6:55:45 PM - Loaded 112 Artist
4/6/2008 6:55:45 PM - Loaded 0 Radio Stations
4/6/2008 6:55:45 PM - Loaded 11 TV Channels
4/6/2008 6:55:47 PM - Load XML: 00:00:01.1093750

Since i am using the TV server the way it sets up TV stations and radio stations is different than when using the client by itself. I have entered a dozen or so radio stations and I have 69 TV channels (all analog). If (For a client server setup you do not do this) I use the setup wizard it will import 11 channels like it seems your script is doing. The 11 stations by the way are wrong anyway. To setup my stations I have to add them manually 1 by 1. This information gets stored in my MySQL database i guess. The radio setup is pretty much the same. I am guessing this data is in my database as well.

What problems will this current situation cause me? Will I only be able to verbally change the channel to the first 11 channels and no radio stations? Can I fix this by editing something on my side for now?

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi Tide,

I'm really not sure about the TV Server and client as I've never used that configuration to see how it works. The plugin reads the channels from the local database, but I'm unsure as to where the server part puts its own database files. I think some people do use the TV Server and myVoice here, so hopefully they can give you a better response.

Tide

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Tide,

I'm really not sure about the TV Server and client as I've never used that configuration to see how it works. The plugin reads the channels from the local database, but I'm unsure as to where the server part puts its own database files. I think some people do use the TV Server and myVoice here, so hopefully they can give you a better response.

This is what I have so far. My P:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\TVDatabaseV21.db3 file has what I am guessing is the stock 11 TV channels.

When I set up the TV server I set up a MySQL database. In that database if I
Code:
SELECT * FROM tvlibrary.channel c;

I get the results posted in the attachment.

I am guessing MyVoice needs to have a way to tell between a "client only" and a "client server" setup. If it is a "client server setup" then it will need to figure out if it is a SQLite database or a MySQL database (assuming this matters) and get its data from there. I am guessing the table "tvlibrary.channel will provide the data you are looking for to determine the radio and TV channels.

There is a column in the tvlibrary.channel called isTV and one called isRadio. They return values of b'0' for "No' and b'1' for "Yes". You could for instance say (I am no programmer this just makes logical sense):

Count = tvlibrary.channel where isTV == b'1' then
(Whatever you do with it for myVoice maybe something like)
Write myVoice.db3 tvchannels.total == Count
For i in Count Add entry to tvchnnels.list
(Whatever you need to collect here maybe Channel id, Channel Name, etc.)

Then you could do the same with Radio.

I wish I could actually do this myself but I am not even close yet. I can help with testing it and figuring out the logic though.

If anyone can take this up and add it that would be great.

For now do you think there would be any harm in manually editing my P:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\TVDatabaseV21.db3 and RadioDatabase4.db3 to reflect what is in my MySQL database so your program will pull the correct information? I do not know if any other file references this but if it does it is wrong anyway so I edited TVDatabaseV21.db3 and added my channels manually. Now I can verbally change the channel past channel 13!!! Guess I will do the radio database next. Hopefully someone can code a fox for this setup. I know I can't be the only person running into this. I have just begun to look at C# but I know nothing. I looked at the source and can tell a little about what is going on but I have no clue how to create an if statement to check for tv server and then to check for database type and then to get the data from the database and then use it instead of what is used for a client only installation.

If anyone wants me to post anymore information or test anything to solve this please let me know.

Jabberwock

Portal Member
May 8, 2008
Home Country
Poland Poland
Shuffle?

How may I turn off shuffle when I select the albums by voice? I hope it is not permanent - there are many albums that were recorded as a whole and should be listened to as such...

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I'm going from memory here, but I think in the Voice Process configuration, in the second tab there is an option to enable or disable the shuffle.

Users who are viewing this thread