myVoice Open Beta (2 Viewers)

ariejakkes

June 28, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
thanks again Booyakasaha!!!!!!! i wil test it today , and when i find things ,i let you know! :-]

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh it works great !, in the beginning i replase the files en it crasch... so i make a new fresch instal of mp en it all workt great now!only how i can let the computer tell me the time and day??? i dont know ... do you??
many thanks !!!!
:D again.:)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
ariejakkes: You can say "What time is it" and it should tell you, although the format isn't very good. I haven't looked at that part in quite a while, probably since the first version of the plugin, but if it's being used, I can take another look at it.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    hey B. thanks for that. I'm in Thailand at the moment, but will try it out when I get home next week.

I did try your training feature. I like it a lot :) Thanks.

Cheers,
    Marcus.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    heheh, I think we posted at the exact same time :)

I use that feature a lot too.
    Remember in the very early days one thing I asked for was a variable system?
    Items such as %Hour% could be used in any response and would give the hour. This way we could specify any formats we wanted and use these functions for more than just the time.

Imagine... Alice, how much recording space is left? and have her answer 200 gigabytes.
    Cool, hey :)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Marcusb: Yeah, I keep meaning to get back to that variable thing, but never seem to get to it. Things like the time and date are actually hardcoded right now, and I don't really like it. When I get to redesigning the plugin, I'll incorporate that type of thing from the start so it'll make it easier to add things like disk space, mem usage, etc.

SwingSultan

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    here i am again. well, i looked at the log file but couldnt find anything that would indicate a specific problem with the voice engine. ive made a little test run maybe you can make some sense of it:

16.02.2008 18:39:09 - Waiting for command
    16.02.2008 18:39:09 - Starting process
    16.02.2008 18:52:08 - Found 208 songs by artist: 6
    16.02.2008 19:50:08 - Stopping process
    16.02.2008 19:50:29 - myVoice engine started
    16.02.2008 19:50:38 - Loaded 1335 Songs
    16.02.2008 19:50:38 - Loaded 30 genres
    16.02.2008 19:50:38 - Loaded 70 Artist
    16.02.2008 19:50:39 - Load XML: 00:00:00.4062500
    16.02.2008 19:50:39 - Waiting for command

at 19:50:08 ive put the pc into suspend and restarted it immediately. if you wirte me an im with your mail adress i can send you my entire log file if its any help. i didnt try the new version yet due to exams and after exam hedonism :D but i will do so on monday or so.

Yodar

Portal Member
    February 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here's Release Candidate 2. Included are a bunch of bug fixes, as there were problems as ariejakkes described.
    One known issue is if you are in full screen video and you want to play music, it won't work.

Also, if you notice things aren't working, please let me know, either through this forum or PM. I'm not really watching any TV or movies or listening to music from my HTPC at the moment, so it's very difficult for me to test everything.

Started testing as promised. Its running on my main media center so any bugs should appear eventely.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    OK, I took the big step and installed Vista. I've been dreading this for ages, but the reason was the new speech engine in Vista and EVR.
    Vista speech engine is version 8 whereas the best you can get in XP is v6.1 (after installing Office2003).

The new vista engine seems good, but as has been posted earlier, the MyVoice plugin doesn't work any more, since vista intercepts all the commands. Whenever MP or configuration is started, it automatically puts Vista into voice recognition mode and activates all the system commands.

I did some Googling and found this thread which seems to give instructions to fix this:
    Disabling default Vista speech commands - Vista Forums

I understand what they are saying in that artical, but not whether this is a simple thing to implement in your plugin. Mostly, whteher this will affect XP users or not.

What do you think?

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for trying this out Marcus. In that link you sent, they're actually talking about using the new Vista speech engine exclusively. From what I can tell, the whole access to the subsystem is different. I'm really thinking I'll have to do a completely seperate version for Vista anyways. There's a lot of new features in the new engine, epecially the multi-lingual support, which I think would help things immensely.

One idea though: Did you install Office 2003 with the speech engine on your Vista box? The new speech engine may not be compatible with the old, but I don't know if there's a reason why you couldn't install the older engine, and then just select the engine in the control panel applet.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    OK, I tried that but got some strange results...

I installed Office 2003 and selected the speech engine as MS6.1. So far, so good.
    Then I went through the usual steps where I did the basic training after the speech engine is enabled.

Now when I come back to it, if I try any of the standard Vista control panel speech stuff, I get an error that I need to enable the Vista Speech engine as it is not configured correctly.
    If I click the "Advanced Speech settings" I get the old fashioned speech configuration panel. However, when I click "Train" nothing happens.
    When I go to MP and click train there, still nothing happens. I don't think it is working now, but after only basic training, I don't think the engine would recognise me anyway so it's hard to tell...

cheers,
    Marcus.

Users who are viewing this thread