myVoice Open Beta (2 Viewers)

Datenshi

Portal Member
November 21, 2007
Ah alright, Vista sounds cool ive heard there's some significant improvements in its Speech Recognistion software, tho you probably know more then me when it comes to that. I wonder if the current version could be used on the latest Mediaportal, 1.0.0.0 RC 1..cant really test it myself cause im running Vista on this PC and the HTPC is not in my house =)

PS: Great work and an excellent idea you got here!

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Booya,

I have a new function idea for you.

An export/import profile option. I have to reinstall mediaportal often and its lotsa work too reinstell everything.

Greetz,
Yod

bloasfist

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've tested it and myvoice does not work with 1.0rc2. It crashes when enabled in configuration (as seen in attached screenshot)...

Attachments

• myvoice10Rc2.jpg
    myvoice10Rc2.jpg
    80.8 KB

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks for the info bloasfist, as I hadn't installed the latest version yet.
I get a slightly different error about a path not being found in the config. The easiest fix for it is to add a folder named "log" in your MediaPortal folder. MP doesn't create one anymore...time to read up on why...;)

Let me know if that works for your message too.

bloasfist

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for the info bloasfist, as I hadn't installed the latest version yet.
I get a slightly different error about a path not being found in the config. The easiest fix for it is to add a folder named "log" in your MediaPortal folder. MP doesn't create one anymore...time to read up on why...;)

Let me know if that works for your message too.

It does! configuration works now! I'll try using the plugin itself tonight on a 1.0rc2 setup. I'll report my findings.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    (...)The easiest fix for it is to add a folder named "log" in your MediaPortal folder. MP doesn't create one anymore...time to read up on why...;).
    Logs (and other things) have been moved to X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Programdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.

You find them by browsing Start -> .... -> Mediaportal -> User files

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi there Booyakasha
    Hope all is going well work wise.

Have you had any time to experiement with Vista and the voice engine?

Just a friendly reminder :p

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Marcus: I finally have some free time so I started work on porting myVoice to Vista the other day. There's a lot of issues I have to pick through though, especially regarding the location of the files, etc. Hopefully I'll have something to test next week.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hey there, glad to hear from you.

As usual, if you need someone to test, I'm all yours.

Cheers,
    Marcus

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Vista Only Test Release

Attached is a version that works in Vista. I didn't make an MPI (a few things to figure out with that).

There are several issues in regards to Vista and speech, and this plugin:

-You have to make sure you have speech recognition available in your control panel. I think there are versions of Vista without any speech recognition.

-If you have a non-English version of Vista, particularly German, French, Spanish, and don't have Ultimate, you have to speak the language that you have. I haven't tested this at all, but I think you'd have to change the recognition phrases in myVoice to reflect that language. I'm curious to see if this works, and would appreciate any assistance in setting up other language files to have available for future releases.

-Make sure that Speech Recognition is turned off (Control Panel -> Speech -> Advanced Settings -> Run Speech Recognition at startup). That speech recognition is for the entire system, and will interfere with the plugin (you can have only one recognition engine active in Vista at a time)

Installation Instructions:

Download attached zip

Copy the myVoice.dll, Interop.SpeechLib.dll, and the Plugins and Skin folder into your MP folder.

Go to Start->Team Mediaportal->User Files

Copy the myVoice folder (located inside ProgramData) to the above location

Known Issues:

-Word training doesn't seem to be available.
    -Skin for myVoiceWindow needs work

Users who are viewing this thread