Germany Germany
    Enabled.png

::: DOWNLOAD :::
    .: wiki :.

Hi Guys,

i want to present my plugin MyVolume.

Description:
    ========

Some TV/Radio channels have different sound volumes and its annoying to change the volume everytime again and again and again.
    MyVolume saves the sound volume of each TV and Radio channel (internet streams as well) and load them on switching.

You can download from the plugin section now.

How to use
    ========

• User with an external AV-Receiver choose...
    externalreceiver.jpg

Press save and close.

With the the option "external Receiver", you can set the individual sound volume for each channel inside of MP(every time you change the sound level MyVolume stores the value).
    And with the sound control of your AV-Receiver, you control the master volume.

• User without an external AV-Receiver choose...
    internalmp.jpg

If it's your first time or you want to adjust your channel volume for each channel.
    Then follow these steps.

Step 1: Enable the "learning mode" (Press save and close.)
    Step 2: zap through all channels and set your max sound volume
    Step 3: Disable the "learning mode" (Press save and close.)

Now you can change the Master Volume inside of MP
    and all channels load the relative sound volume to the Master Volume.
    Means, you control the volume as supplied before, but now with the correct loudness for each channel.
    MyVolume will store the sound level in MediaPortal mode only when "learning mode" is activated.

• delay on stop: you can set a delay timer. the timer starts when nothing is played.
      when the timer expired MyVolume will load the "Default volume" the "Default volume" is the volume MP was started with.
    • consider streams: MyVolume save the volume for internet streams on a stream basis

Tip: If you already saved your sound volume, then you don't need to do the steps above.

Hope you will like it. If you found bugs let me know and write it down.

Attention:
    =======

If you update and want to keep your sound volume setting, save your MyVolume.xml before you update.
    You can find the MyVolume.xml in
    XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
    Vista:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\

=========

Changelog:
    [hide]

Version 1.0.6

- MediaPortal 1.2.0 compatible.
    - volume of internet streams are stored now only for the main domain

----------------

Version 1.0.5

- fixed MediaPortal 1.1.0 compatibility

----------------

Version 1.0.4

- fixed the out of memory exception

----------------

Version 1.0.3

- enhanced the stop and end handling of MyVolume (works now in a separated thread and load the default volume correct)

----------------

Version 1.0.2

- added the option to consider internet streams as well (Thx bloasfist for suggestion)

----------------

Version 1.0.1

- added the option to use Master Volume inside of MP (relative sound control) (Thx Marco for suggestion)

----------------

Version 1.0.0

- added icons (Thx to my Bro)

----------------

Version 0.9.4

- fixed many bugs (correct switching and loading between different media types)
    - fixed LastFM bug (Thx again to Ruud for reporting)

----------------

Version 0.9.3

- added option "delay on stop", now you can delay the load of the volume (Thx to Ruud, who reported this glitch)
    - fixed a bug (on change from TV Channel to Video, "Default" volume didn't load)

----------------

Version 0.9.2

- added Radio support (now, it's possible to save the custom sound volume for TV and Radio channels )

----------------

Version 0.9.1

- fixed some bugs (start and stop volume load handling )

----------------

Version 0.9

- initial build[/hide]

=========

Regards!

Martin

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Am I correct in thinking that this plugin is only useful if you can use the internal volume control to control the computer speaker volume levels. I'm connected to my surround system through the S/PDIF optical connector, I think it has a constant level. I have to control my surround system volume externally to make sound level changes.

Sounds like a great tool for those who can use it.

regards,

Chuck

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Am I correct in thinking that this plugin is only useful if you can use the internal volume control to control the computer speaker volume levels. I'm connected to my surround system through the S/PDIF optical connector, I think it has a constant level. I have to control my surround system volume externally to make sound level changes.

Sounds like a great tool for those who can use it.

regards,

Chuck

Yes, you are right, cause S/PDIF is "pure" digital and has its own sound level.
    As far as i know DIGITAL OUT is not controllable through the OS.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    question

Hi, great plugin!
    can this also be used to retain the volume level of radio channels and movies / recordings (for me these need a higher volume level than the radio... very annoying, especially if you forget it after watching a movie and turn on a radio channel in the early morning)

regards,
    Ruud

btw, usb connected amplifiers are fully digital out and do support volume level ;)

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, great plugin!
    can this also be used to retain the volume level of radio channels and movies / recordings (for me these need a higher volume level than the radio... very annoying, especially if you forget it after watching a movie and turn on a radio channel in the early morning)

regards,
    Ruud

btw, usb connected amplifiers are fully digital out and do support volume level ;)

Thx Ruud,

i never tried with radio channels, but its possibile i think, i will take this as note for next releases ;-)

MyVolume read the init volume ( the sound volume when you start MP), if you start a tv channel, MyVolume checks if the channel exists and load the stored volume, if not it loads the init volume. On TV stop, MyVolume loads the init volume as well.
    So i try to introduce the radio channels too and your movies will played with the init volume.

I think thats what you mean and want :)

Btw.: the version 0.9 has some start/stop bugs, mean that the volume its not loaded correctly, its fixed in 0.9.1, but isn't unlocked by the admins.
    Version 0.9.1 is attached to the first post.

illStyle

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2006
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this is indeed a feature I have been missing for a verly long time. Many settopboxes have it and finally my HTPC has it as well. Thank you!

Regards,
    Simon

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this is indeed a feature I have been missing for a verly long time. Many settopboxes have it and finally my HTPC has it as well. Thank you!

Regards,
    Simon

Thanks Simon!

i need some testers for Vista 32/64 Bit, cause i don't have it installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom