• Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Room for improvement ;)

Hello Tester2k7,
    when looking at my 'myvolume.xml' I noticed some strange sections:

Code:
    <section name="C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Monochrome\media\missing_coverart.png">
        <entry name="Volume">19565</entry>
      </section>
      <section name="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Music\Artists\Chet BakerL.jpg">
        <entry name="Volume">6942</entry>
      </section>
      <section name="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Music\Artists\Norah JonesL.jpg">
      </section>

If i recall correct these are from the lastFM plugin: it is great that also for lastFM this plugin is usefull, but I can foresee problems if the myvolume.xml fills up with every song played via LastFM....

Thanks,
    Ruud.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Tester2k7,

Code:
    <section name="C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Monochrome\media\missing_coverart.png">
      </section>
      <section name="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Music\Artists\Chet BakerL.jpg">
      </section>
      <section name="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Music\Artists\Norah JonesL.jpg">
      </section>
    If i recall correct these are from the lastFM plugin: it is great that also for lastFM this plugin is usefull, but I can foresee problems if the myvolume.xml fills up with every song played via LastFM....

Thanks,
    Ruud.

rofl, ok thats funny, but was never intended by me :)

I'll have a look at this

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Tester2k7,

Code:
      </section>
      </section>
      </section>

Thanks,
    Ruud.

rofl, ok thats funny, but was never intended by me :)

I'll have a look at this

problem with LastFM is fixed, but i have found a more ulgy bug, introduced with version 0.9.3, cause of the delay on stop... so stay tuned

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    plugin updated to version 1.0.0, see first posting

Due to no bug reports, i set MyVolume to final.

marco_b

Portal Member
    February 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

the plugin works nicely, definately a superb addition to MP. One thing would make it even better, if technically possible:

It would be nice, if the volume changes were kinda "relative" rather than the "absolute" setting the plugin does now. I'm thinking of setting the relative volumes of the channels and then upon switching the channels the volume of the other channels get adjusted too.

This is because when you now set the volume of the channel you are watching very low for example and then switch the channel to another one, there may be a significant jump in volume. If this was done relative, the "new" channel would be adjusted to to lower volume as well, so there is a set difference between the channels. The "master volume" changes the overall volume of all.

Eh, I hope this is understandable?

cu, Marco

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

the plugin works nicely, definately a superb addition to MP. One thing would make it even better, if technically possible:

It would be nice, if the volume changes were kinda "relative" rather than the "absolute" setting the plugin does now. I'm thinking of setting the relative volumes of the channels and then upon switching the channels the volume of the other channels get adjusted too.

This is because when you now set the volume of the channel you are watching very low for example and then switch the channel to another one, there may be a significant jump in volume. If this was done relative, the "new" channel would be adjusted to to lower volume as well, so there is a set difference between the channels. The "master volume" changes the overall volume of all.

Eh, I hope this is understandable?

cu, Marco

I think i understand you :)

Let me guess you don't use a AV-Receiver to control your Volume.

Then, its clear to me what you mean, i'll think about a solution.

Thanks for the hint, as AV-Receiver user, i don't have such problems, but your are right.

so stay tuned...

marco_b

Portal Member
    February 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great work!

This is exactly what I thought. I have to test a little more, but it seems that MyVolume is working perfectly.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx Marco,

i'm glad to hear that and i'm curious about your feedback :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom