MyWeather Update (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Worked here too, seem to get 5 days forecast, I thought it was only four that was shown.

Well - I had to fix some code nevertheless therefore I tried to get a little more out of it ;)

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Weather fix

If possible could one of the developers let us know if we can expect a fix for the weather for those of us using Stable version Release V0.2.3.0.

If not then at least I know I have to make the jump to 1.0.

1.0 sounds less than stable at the moment though, and Im not sure I want to go through all that.

I might have to stick with the stable version for now with no weather. :(

Thanks in advance.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If possible could one of the developers let us know if we can expect a fix for the weather for those of us using Stable version Release V0.2.3.0.

If not then at least I know I have to make the jump to 1.0.

1.0 sounds less than stable at the moment though, and Im not sure I want to go through all that.

Sorry you won't get an offical fix which just exchanges some files. Maybe a user is kind enough to backport all changes and do that for you...

However RC2 is near and the current version is MUCH better / more stable than 0.2.3 has been. If you managed to get that version running nicely there's no reason not to update.

LXTR

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    loosing data...

However RC2 is near and the current version is MUCH better / more stable than 0.2.3 has been. If you managed to get that version running nicely there's no reason not to update.

The "Clean install" needed to update is a great problem for me. I recently updated to MP1 and lost all my data (a lot of data). Then, I downloaded all data again. How MP1 wasn't running nicely, i had to come back to 0.2.3.0, and then to download all data again. That was a little "Via Crucis", so i´m a little scared with new "cleans installations"...

Any posibility in a future RCx to update from 0.2.3.0 without loosing data?

yoavts

Portal Member
    May 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    you can install mediaportal again - it will come back alive again (with all your settings)

marioleo

Portal Member
    February 5, 2008
    Near Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Didn't you save a copy of the original dll ??I personally listed all the files that would be modified and saved them as backup. Indeed, this update did not work, so I replaced the new files by the ones I saved.

Not sure if this could work, but instead of reinstalling MP, you should first try to get the dll by someone having the same svn install. You do not need an installer for that or even register it, I think.

yoavts

Portal Member
    May 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    is RC1 better then the o.2.3.0? does any one recommend to upgrade?
    is it look or works better?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    is RC1 better then the o.2.3.0? does any one recommend to upgrade?
    is it look or works better?

Yes, a lot of bug fixes have been done to improve stability, for best results, put todays svn onto your MP1RC install, again a lot of fixes have been done in the last couple of weeks which are important.

and remember if using TVServer with MSSQL, limit the amount of memory used to 128Mb as per here TV-Server/Configuration/SQL-Server - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom