MyWorldMap plugin V 1.0 RC5 (Google Maps and Virtual Earth) (2 Viewers)

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again thesystemera.

Here is a test patch for you.
    It should fix the different appearance. Not sure if it will fix your "X effect". I have tested this with the Aeon 16:9 skin.

Please be so kind and give me a feedback.

Bye
    Lars

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey I'm so embarrassed.. There was actually nothing wrong with the plug-in, just had it launching the wrong skin file, instead of the main one I had it going to the search field one straight away. Hence why it worked with the other skin, it was simply my basichome.xml was pointing to the wrong source.

Funny enough though, the plug-in has been going great, but then I upgraded to the latest SVN and it is now dead, I can definitely verify this, I have gone back and forward between SVN's and it definately stops working on the most recent one.

Great plug-in again mate. I think it has a real party WOW factor... :)

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi thesystemera.

Thanks for the reply (and the flowers ;)).

Will test it with the latest SVN. Maybe some references have been changed... Which SVN version was it exactly?

Bye
    Lars

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello again.

thesystemera

Which OS do you use? Vista?
    If yes I may have found the bug you've described. There was a DirectX change during the last SVN's which is only related to Vista... this change breaks to plugin on this OS.

Can you please test the following DLL?
    Does it work for you (or any other Vista User on a relatively new SVN)?

Bye
    Lars

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks lkuech, I had the same problem as thesystemera using Vista and SVN 20372 but your new dll fixed it.

I also got a question. In the first post there's a known bug: "Overlay is disable because it interfere the navigation (down key)". Is it possible to fix this or is it a MP limitation? I like to surf the globe during TV commercials and it would be nice to see when to go back to fullscreen TV again :)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks so much, works great!!! This would have to be some of the most impressive response I've seen for support.. Great stuff, makes working with MediaPortal so worth it... Thanks again...

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also got a question. In the first post there's a known bug: "Overlay is disable because it interfere the navigation (down key)". Is it possible to fix this or is it a MP limitation? I like to surf the globe during TV commercials and it would be nice to see when to go back to fullscreen TV again :)
    Hi vuego.

It is long ago that I had "played" with this limitation... so I'm not really sure. It is indeed a limitation of mp which seems to collide with the "how to use" concept of Worldmap. But if I found some time I will look if I'm able find a workaround.

Thanks so much, works great!!! This would have to be some of the most impressive response I've seen for support.. Great stuff, makes working with MediaPortal so worth it... Thanks again...
    You're welcome :)

@ALL:
    So after this fix seems to be necessary for Vista users I will do some finetuning and came up with a new version in the next days.

Bye
    Lars

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just tried the new RC2 release on my MP1.0RC2 installation and MP hangs when trying to open the plugin

Edit:
    Upgraded to RC3 and all is fine now. Although I still have this error popping up (had it with RC2 too)
    2008-10-10 13:56:49.593750 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:1 ex:Een object van type MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIImage kan niet naar het type MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILabelControl worden geconverteerd. bij System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
    bij System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
    bij System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck)
    bij System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() MyWorldmap.WorldmapMenu

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New version is out. This version will fix the plugin for Vista users.

Bye
    Lars

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm no Vista user, I use XP SP3. And still have this error in my log file (even with the new plugin)....
    Still figuring out which ID's are causing the not found translation errors too, could be related...
    Have to look for them some time to be more specific.

My setup is working fine now for me. But error.log's should just be empty :)

Besides that I'm trying to create some all-in-one installer. So it be nice if it be error free :)

Edit:

Let's be more specific :)

Error log said:
    2008-10-10 16:18:35.250000 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 188883
    Error log said:
    2008-10-10 23:20:44.390625 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 188884
    Error log said:
    2008-10-10 16:19:46.609375 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 196742

See logs attached.

I'm so far really clueless of the cause of the errors so it might as well be some completely different plugin concernig these warnings above.
    But if you could help me out with these somehow. If it seems familiar or something, please do!

But I still do have the error in the log file. Everything's working fine but I'd rather not have it there since my project of creating an installer. If you could tell me this error could do no harm ( since it's ok for me, eveything working fine) then I can live with that too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom