myYouTube (3 Viewers)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Just a sidenote: ^ No need to if you use the tryouts, as FLV support is supposed to be better IIRC

gizzard

Portal Member
    January 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Hello, I can't see any video with the plugin. It says to me "Unable to play video". I know it's a FLV problem.

First I tried to

Using FLVPLayer
    Enable FLVPLayer in configuration

But I don't have any FLVPlayer with MP1.0RC3

Then I tried to

Using Mplayer.

Download mplayer
    MuldeR's Homepage , just an example.

Download mplayer plugin
    MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - My MPlayer

Add .flv in extensions for mplayer.

But the download link is broken and personaly I don't like this solution because I already have WMP11 and VLC on the HTPC I think it's enough.

So i tried the last solution

Internal player
    Make sure you have .flv in your extensions and also that you can play .flv in Windows Mediaplayer.
    Then you should be able to play .flv from mediaportal with the internal player.
    the latest ffdshow has a flv splitter

For me WMP11 is unable to play FLV files. :(

Could you, please, add more documentation about your plugin. I'm very interested on it.

Edit:
    Excuse me the download link is working now. I'll try tonight with this solution even if I prefer others

This is just an example what you can use. VLC should work if you just add FLV to the extension list.

Thank you saint for this plugin.

Are we able to add "Top view today" and "Top views this week" categories?

I´ll see if that is possible in the next version

cedric

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2006
    Lausanne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    This is just an example what you can use. VLC should work if you just add FLV to the extension list.

Thanks for the answer, but I don't understand how to add FLV to the extension list. Where is it? Can you explain me step by step the configuration.

:D

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    MediaPortal Configuration.exe in expert mode (top right corner in config) -> Movies -> Movie extensions -> add: .flv
    HTH :)

scottl2k

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2008
    Thanks! (and a request)

I wanted to say "Thank You" for developing this plug-in, and to make a request:

Is there any chance that you could add the YouTube "Genres" (especially Comedy) and "Most Viewed (Today)"?

Either way, your work so far is already appreciated.

Regards,
    Scott

scottl2k

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2008
    Mostly Functional Blue3 Skin

Here's what I was able to hack together tonight.

Just drop "myyoutube.xml" into your Media Portal\Skins\Blue3 directory.

Known issues:
    Buttons disappear when thumbnails have focus.
    Moving right from the right-most thumbnail will lock up the plugin.
    (just hit "back"... MP doesn't lock up, and you can then reenter "MyYouTube")

I might have more time to spend with it in a few days; but, even so, I can't be certain that I can get the remaining issues fixed.

I hope this is a good starting point.

Attachments

• myyoutube.xml
      30.6 KB

scottl2k

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2008
    Don't Wait For Me...

I'm not sure if my attempt at a skin helped anyone. There have some "views", but no comments...

Poking around with other plugins, I have yet to find one that doesn't cause some pain (Yahoo Music Videos, MTV Music Videos, My Sudoku, My Tetris) and I'm beginning to wonder if a fault-free plugin of the displaying variety is even possible in RC3.

Anyway, for the time-being, I've taken this off of my "to-do" list, and I wanted to be certain that no one was holding their breath, waiting for me to dig deeper.

I'll still monitor this thread... I've been running MP for a couple of years now, and this was my first feeble attempt at a contribution.

Regards to all,
    Scott

_rm_

Portal Pro
    June 10, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    is there any actual problem with this plugin? i have been using it for some time, today i tried it two times and totally blocked my HTPC. I can browse the videos by categories, i see the thumbnail, but when i try to watch a video it crashes.
    The only thing i´ve changed recently (it was today actually) was the "resize" option in the ffdshow, can this have something to do with the problem?

gizzard

Portal Member
    January 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    I'm not sure if my attempt at a skin helped anyone. There have some "views", but no comments...

Poking around with other plugins, I have yet to find one that doesn't cause some pain (Yahoo Music Videos, MTV Music Videos, My Sudoku, My Tetris) and I'm beginning to wonder if a fault-free plugin of the displaying variety is even possible in RC3.

Anyway, for the time-being, I've taken this off of my "to-do" list, and I wanted to be certain that no one was holding their breath, waiting for me to dig deeper.

I'll still monitor this thread... I've been running MP for a couple of years now, and this was my first feeble attempt at a contribution.

Regards to all,
    Scott

Thanks Scott for the skin file for blue3 I will include it in my next release.

is there any actual problem with this plugin? i have been using it for some time, today i tried it two times and totally blocked my HTPC. I can browse the videos by categories, i see the thumbnail, but when i try to watch a video it crashes.
    The only thing i´ve changed recently (it was today actually) was the "resize" option in the ffdshow, can this have something to do with the problem?

I could be that, It is the player that you are using that are crashing the HTPC, the only thing that the plugin dose when you try to play is passing the URL to the player of your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom