THANKS !

Very good news, work fine for a first release ^^

Bluray.jpg

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Very good news, work fine for a first release ^^

Especially when there has not yet been any release :p There is one issue with the installer (non-BD related) and few minor issues with the BD side that I want to sort out before making a first test installer.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Installer related issues should be now sorted out - check the 2nd post for the download.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/808006-post2.html

There are some known issues in the Blu-ray side, but in general lot of disks should be already working quite nicely. Please give a try and post some feedback. To install, just run the .exe as you would be installing a normal MediaPortal release. And remember that you need to have some 3rd party tool (like AnyDVD HD) to handle teh on-the-fly decryption. The Blu-ray source filter has no code to circumvent any kind of copy protection.

Sorry but I cannot remember if the autoplay is supported (maybe someone could verify it) - I have been only using BDs copied to hard disks (it would have killed the Blu-ray drive many months ago if i would have been swapping the disks during testing :p). When playing disks of the hard disk the Blu-ray disk structure must be 1:1 match to the one in disk.

Happy testing!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Forgot to remind that for best results please use LAV audio and video decoders + MS directshow default audio renderer. These all can be configured under the MP config's codec section. This is mainly because whole development has been done by using LAV audio and video decoders (with some extend also the Windows 7's native codecs have been used - but they aren't supporting all audio formats).

For non-Nvidia users it is probably wise to use some Cyberlink or Arcsoft decoder to handle the VC1 content (LAV has no support fir interlaced VC1 content on non-Nvidia GPUs).

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Some words from player side :)

In general there shouldn't be any major differencies between BD and DVD support in MyVideos. Major of the features are fully integrated to MP and Autoplay should work just the same way as for DVD for example.

Some ideas what to test/look for:
    - Keep an eye for context menu and items displayed there in different phases of playing (menu on, main title etc.)
    - Subtitles auto selection. Is it always correct one?
    - RefreshRateChanger: do we need a setting to prevent changing when clip is short e.g. deny totally before main movie started
    - Audio changing: is it smooth and always audio present after change
    - Chapter changes & seeking: smooth transition to normal playing
    - On menu: mouse and remote/kb responsiveness

Waiting results with great interest!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just tested it, I use AnyDVD HD 6.8.0.0 on my BluRay-laptop. Unfortunately this display doesn't support 24fps :mad:

LAV selected for both Audio & Video. Big Fish plays with FFDShow Video Decoder for some reason, even though I have enabled H.264 and VC1 in LAV. Gonna have to check merits later. Should be possible to drop VC1 from FFDShow?
    BTTF played with LAV as supposed to. Don't know why one uses FFDShow and one uses LAV...

• Big Fish (All regions) Played well, menus and all. Subtitles works as well. My drive seemed to pause a bit sometimes, as if it would stop reading, and then get behind with the stream (pausing a few seconds to get drive spinning, and catch up).
    • BTTF Trilogy (Region 2) BD Live menu doesn't play (I know, not supposed to) but title play works. Played with Japanese spoken language, even though I had selected Danish in BluRay-setup in MediaPortal??

How is the audio language selected? Japanese track on BTTF was DTS, and english was DTS-HD MA. Should there be a fall-back-language?

Shift + 1 seems to be quite unresponsive (only managed to get it to show one time) and pausing the movie can cause the video to halt, but audio continues. Using +15 or -15 can fix this.

CPU is somewhere between 15-30%. It was highest on BTTF.

But as a first release it's a really good start :)

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    How is the audio language selected? Japanese track on BTTF was DTS, and english was DTS-HD MA. Should there be a fall-back-language?

If correct audio language is not found player/filter will use first track. I think english should be default in this case or we can add second language to settings.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Big Fish (All regions) Played well, menus and all. Subtitles works as well. My drive seemed to pause a bit sometimes, as if it would stop reading, and then get behind with the stream (pausing a few seconds to get drive spinning, and catch up).

Big Fish should be working fairly well (since I own that disk as well :p). Does the drive stop reading while the main movie is playing or in movies? Hard to say what could cause it - probably the drive is reading in bursts and buffering. Then it will spin down when no new read rquests are issued. Even harder to say what could be done to cure such behavior (one way would be to slow down the reading speed so the drive would be busy for longer periods and it have time to spin down).

BTTF Trilogy (Region 2) BD Live menu doesn't play (I know, not supposed to) but title play works. Played with Japanese spoken language, even though I had selected Danish in BluRay-setup in MediaPortal??

BTTF? In any case I think we need to have a preferred audio (and subtitle) language lists like tv side has. To prevent this kind of "wrong" audio language to be selected. Also audio formats aren't currently preferred - this probably needs user preference as well. Minor tweaking I would say :)

Shift + 1 seems to be quite unresponsive (only managed to get it to show one time) and pausing the movie can cause the video to halt, but audio continues. Using +15 or -15 can fix this.

CPU is somewhere between 15-30%. It was highest on BTTF.

Is it quad core or dual core Intel with hyper-threading? If yes then it is already too much and probably causes the ! stats not to be visible. ! stats aren't visible (not sure why) when the video renderer is not receiving frames at real time (read, the decoder is too slow).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom