Native Blu-ray support (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    How is the audio language selected? Japanese track on BTTF was DTS, and english was DTS-HD MA. Should there be a fall-back-language?

If correct audio language is not found player/filter will use first track. I think english should be default in this case or we can add second language to settings.

TV side has preferred audio / subtitle language lists. As manu entries as the user wants / needs. I think this would be prefered over limiting the selection to two (or three) languages only.

Also when you are playing the Blu-ray content in menu mode the language preferences aren't used - there the blu-ray itself is telling what streams to use (in practise this means the language the user selects from the blu-ray menus).

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Big Fish should be working fairly well (since I own that disk as well :p). Does the drive stop reading while the main movie is playing or in movies? Hard to say what could cause it - probably the drive is reading in bursts and buffering. Then it will spin down when no new read rquests are issued. Even harder to say what could be done to cure such behavior (one way would be to slow down the reading speed so the drive would be busy for longer periods and it have time to spin down).

BTTF? In any case I think we need to have a preferred audio (and subtitle) language lists like tv side has. To prevent this kind of "wrong" audio language to be selected. Also audio formats aren't currently preferred - this probably needs user preference as well. Minor tweaking I would say :)

Is it quad core or dual core Intel with hyper-threading? If yes then it is already too much and probably causes the ! stats not to be visible. ! stats aren't visible (not sure why) when the video renderer is not receiving frames at real time (read, the decoder is too slow).

I'll try with TMT player to see if the drive spins up and down in this player first. Haven't really used the drive for BluRay before.

BTTF is Back To The Future :D

It's a first generation Core i5 M520 2,4 GHz. Graphics is Geforce GT 330M, and yes, it seemed like my system was having trouble keeping up with the playback.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What I wonder about: was it not about some problems with HDCP that there was no solution for BD so far (except with certified third software). How does this whole thing work now?

Oh, and before I forget: Thank you all for your work! No real BD support was keeping me from buying a drive so far, but now there is no reason not to.

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    It play only unprotected disks, if you unprotected commercials disk with a tool, it's your problem !
    edit : Do you really think that your subject as public discussion is a good idea ?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It play only unprotected disks, if you unprotected commercials disk with a tool, it's your problem !
    edit : Do you really think that your subject as public discussion is a good idea ?

In Denmark (where I'm from) you are allowed to circumvent the protection layer, if it is needed to play it, in example on a Linux PC or in our case, in MediaPortal.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Am I doing anything wrong with the installer cos' it tells me there's an existing mp installation and something about not able to upgrade a svn version. I can only choose new installation and all that does is re-configuring my firewall.

I'm on 1.2.1 but installer says something about 1.2.0

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    It's a first generation Core i5 M520 2,4 GHz. Graphics is Geforce GT 330M, and yes, it seemed like my system was having trouble keeping up with the playback.

If you are using LAV video decoder check the following setting - Deinterlacing (HW decoding only) and make sure that mode is 25p/30p (film). It will help a lot on "not so powerful GPUs" like GT220 I have on my dev PC. Some Blu-ray content is just unwatchable with that GPU + 50p/60p setting.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

If you are using LAV video decoder check the following setting - Deinterlacing (HW decoding only) and make sure that mode is 25p/30p (film). It will help a lot on "not so powerful GPUs" like GT220 I have on my dev PC. Some Blu-ray content is just unwatchable with that GPU + 50p/60p setting.

LOL. Just noticed that I didn't enable CUVID in LAV. Guess I'll have to re-test my movies and report back. No wonder the CPU was a tad high...

:oops:

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    What can I say, once CUVID was enabled is was a joy to use MP for BluRay :D

I have attached a couple of screen-shots from the two movies, the few frame-drops was created when switching audio (but was not noticeable in video or audio).

Also, Shift + 1 works without any glitches. Oh, and my CPU is calm and at rest below 10-11% all the time (sometimes as low as 7%).

:D

EDIT: When I unplugged my secondary monitor I was able to get both 24 and 48 Hz on my display. Sorry Sony, I should blame my Lenovo monitor instead ;)

EDIT2: Screen-shot from Alien (1) Anthology added. Perfect :cool: Menu is Java, so doesn't play.

Attachments

• bttf-ok.jpg
      bttf-ok.jpg
      583.1 KB
    • big_fisk-ok.jpg
      big_fisk-ok.jpg
      573 KB
    • alien1_anthology-ok.jpg
      alien1_anthology-ok.jpg
      453.5 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.