Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Why not use the ATi audio drivers instead of Realtek? Or aren't you using HDMI for audio also?

I do use ATI audio drivers and I do use HDMI for audio... most of the time. ATI has a known bug that intermittenly causes the HDMI audio to be "disconnected" when I change inputs on my TV and come back to the PC-side and the only solution in that case is to reboot or use the realtek audio (analog). For me, it's faster to change to the realtek audio than reboot. (No, it's not the cause of this sound problem with this movie :), I've also tried it with the realtek drivers )

I had this problem too and found a solution from latest ATI Catalyst 12.6 Beta driver. http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst126beta.aspx

Indeed, the ATI HDMI problem is gone now with 12.6 Beta driver. Thanks for the tip! I won't be updating these drivers, unless I encounter another problem sometime in the future.

I added Priest to wiki. BD-J, title mode OK.

Looking forward to 1.30 Alpha. Once I get my hands on that, there will be no going back to < 1.30 Alpha, just because I need this blu-ray support :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Indeed, the ATI HDMI problem is gone now with 12.6 Beta driver. Thanks for the tip! I won't be updating these drivers, unless I encounter another problem sometime in the future.

Official 12.6 drivers are out since last week ;)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ah, good to hear they fixed that, I was also having trouble with that on my main computer, where I have another TV connected via HDMI, but which is usually turned off, causing the HDMI audio device to be 'disconnected' in the windows audio configuration, ever since Catalyst 12.4? or so.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Tourettes,

Congratulations on getting this ready for 1.3 alpha!

With all the hard work you (and others) have done I feel bad asking this but is correct forced subtitle handling on your roadmap for 1.3 beta or maybe even release?

Thanks,

Mick

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I retested Unknown. I had problems with audio in menu mode. It works with Mediaportal 1.30A! Updated Wiki...

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Unfortunately not. But you may use PowerDVD, WinDVD or TotalMedia Theatre as external players and launch it from MediaPortal.

Stone

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2007
    But with 1.3.0 aplhpa the "external blu ray player" plugin is broken. What can I use?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But with 1.3.0 aplhpa the "external blu ray player" plugin is broken. What can I use?
    You can also use MovingPictures and set an external player, as explained here.

MovingPictures needs to be updated for 1.3Alpha, but if you're willing to try some things, you can find a TEST version here.

** EDIT **
    After a quick test it seems that Moving Pictures v1.3.1 is working nicely with MP 1.3Alpha. ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom