Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi tourettes,

Thanks for all the great work!!!

Most of the BD's I've tested so far have BD-J menus but they play fine in title mode. I'll compile the list here for you ASAP.

I did find two non-BD-J titles in my collection that I could use to test the menu feature. These are;-

Click (2006)
    Earth (2007)

The "Click" menu works perfectly (nice :)).

"Earth" seems to have problems in general. Firstly, the menus are displayed correctly until you scroll through then they kind of overlap (see screencap1 attached). Attempting to play the movie or play a scene from the menu causes MP to crash (see screencap2). Also, playing it using "title" mode results in an error "Unable to play index.bdmv" (see attached Screencap3). For reference the same title plays fine using the latest BDHandler (title mode only obviously :)).

I've also attached my MediaPortal log file for you. This is from my work PC not my HTPC so please forgive some of the obvious setup flaws :). If I can provide further information to help, please let me know.

All the best,

Mick.

PS I'm in the process of downloading the latest branch from github. Once I've built and installed it I'll re-test.

Attachments

• Screencap1.png
      Screencap1.png
      472.3 KB
    • Screencap2.jpg
      Screencap2.jpg
      183.7 KB
    • Screencap3.jpg
      Screencap3.jpg
      83.9 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    "Earth" seems to have problems in general. Firstly, the menus are displayed correctly until you scroll through then they kind of overlap (see screencap1 attached). Attempting to play the movie or play a scene from the menu causes MP to crash (see screencap2). Also, playing it using "title" mode results in an error "Unable to play index.bdmv" (see attached Screencap3). For reference the same title plays fine using the latest BDHandler (title mode only obviously :)).

Those drawing issues could be related to libbluray itself (or MP code). It is hard to say without having an access to the blu-ray that has the issue.

I'll have a look on the log for the playback failure.

PS I'm in the process of downloading the latest branch from github. Once I've built and installed it I'll re-test.

https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ent_Blu-ray_playback_support_(media_position) <-- do NOT use.

https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/FEAT-3758-Implement_Blu-ray_playback_support <-- use this, althou this is (as far as I can remember) the same content as is in the installer provided.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Attempting to play the movie or play a scene from the menu causes MP to crash (see screencap2).

Based on the screen shot the crash happens inside the bluray.dll - which is the libbluray. I guess I would need a sample of that blu-ray to be able to reproduce and try to see if I can fix that issue or if I need to ask the libbluray dev(s) to have a look on it.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    2011-11-14 15:48:52.844300 [Info.][(46)]: PlaneScene: video WxH : 1920x1080
    2011-11-14 15:48:52.861300 [Info.][(46)]: PlaneScene: screen WxH : 1280x1024

Menu corruption could be result of non 16:9 display (bug in MP side code).

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    2011-11-14 15:48:52.844300 [Info.][(46)]: PlaneScene: video WxH : 1920x1080
    2011-11-14 15:48:52.861300 [Info.][(46)]: PlaneScene: screen WxH : 1280x1024

Menu corruption could be result of non 16:9 display (bug in MP side code).

Thanks tourettes. I did warn you that this log was from my office PC :). However, the same thing happens on a test HTPC running at 1920x1080 but I only tried with MP windowed. Will try again full screen tomorrow.

Doesn't explain the issue with title playback though. On both test systems BDHANDLER works :confused:.

It's only one disk out of the 15 or so I've tested so far so not a big problem :) but if you're interested I'll PM you with details for downloading a sample.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Cheers,

Mick

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    There has been really not so many test results. The current amount of feedback we are receiving is simply not allowing blu-ray support to be part in 1.3.0 release. We need your help to test the compatibility and fix the found compatibility issues as soon as possible. So,

• Everyone who has tested should report back about the possible issues and what blu-ray disks have been working nicely
    • Everyone who has not yet tested but is planning to test in next few days should tell about the plans

If the participation level stays as low as it has been the blu-ray support wont be ready for any public release anytime soon (months / years). This is a last call for help - after that it might happen that the interest drops from the other side as well...

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi tourettes,

I will be recieving a Nvidia gt430 tomorrow and will soon be part of the testing. Keep up the amazing work you have been doing so far!

regards
    Jacob

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Native Blu-ray support

Hey Tourettes - before you "give up" could you plz write a blog post about this amazing new feature? Actually i must admit that i can't read all the blog posts and i found it today only because someone just replied (and i think i am not the only one with this "problem")....

Thanks a lot

crimz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi tourettes,

Just came home from Thailand, tried to download it there, but edge and barely signal was not a good match. Planning to install and test today. Only have iso and no physical device. what the heck, have nothing todo before evening... ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom