Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi tourettes,

Here's the list I promised.

Alice in Wonderland (2010)
    Menu- No (Causes black screen. MP still responding so can stop playback OK and return to MyVideos)
    Title- OK (only one title to choose from).
    num_bdj_titles: 72
    Notes.

Batman Begins
    Menu- No (Playback begins then returns to Myvideos before menu loads)
    Title- OK (only one title to choose from).
    num_bdj_titles: 11
    Notes.
    Playback locks up if I attempt to seek/ skip. This is a VC-1 disc using Arcsoft decoder. Can provide logs if required.

Bolt
    Menu- No (see notes)
    Title- OK (10 to choose from but first title is correct.)
    num_bdj_titles: 18
    Notes.
    Language selection menu works (the menu prior to the 12 or so Disney trailers) but obviously the movie menu doesn't. Also, unable to skip through the trailers. It makes this movie a LONG test :). When you finally reach the movie menu MP locks up with a black screen (reported as "Not Responding" in task manager) and I had to force close.

District 9
    Menu- No (returns you straight to "select play mode" menu)
    Title- OK (6 to choose from but first title is correct.)
    num_bdj_titles: 9
    Notes.

Gladiator
    Menu- No (Plays opening "Universal Studios" video then returns to MyVideos)
    Title- OK (8 to choose from. See notes).
    num_bdj_titles: 79
    Notes.
    There are 8 titles to choose from as follows
    Title: #0 - chapters: 2, duration: 06:02:56
    Title: #1 - chapters: 2, duration: 06:02:51
    Title: #2 - chapters: 2, duration: 06:02:51
    Title: #3 - chapters: 2, duration: 02:50:56
    Title: #4 - chapters: 29, duration: 02:50:56
    Title: #5 - chapters: 29, duration: 02:34:58
    Title: #6 - chapters: 2, duration: 02:34:58
    Title: #7 - chapters: 76, duration: 01:14_48

I've never actually watched this disc (was bought for me and I've not got around to it). It seems that Title #5 is the movie and Title #4 is the extended cut. The rest are looping animations/ background videos. I appreciate there's probably not much that can be done about this sort of thing but it could confuse some people (maybe even a technical users wife :)).
    Once you select the correct title the movie plays perfectly.

Inception
    Menu- No (Returns you straight to "select play mode" menu)
    Title- OK (6 to choose from. The first two have durations of 03:10:22. The second two have duration of 02:28:07 so extended version is primary choice I think. Final two are 45mins and obvious extras)
    num_bdj_titles: 7
    Notes.
    This is another VC-1 disc and has the same issues when skipping as "Batman Begins". Again, this is using the Arcsoft decoder.

Inglorious B****ds
    Title- OK (10 to choose from. See notes)
    Notes.
    Another tough call as to which title is correct. Basically a choice of 3. I made the point in the "Gladiator" notes section but happy to provide more details if there's a chance that the .mpls selection logic can be improved. Again, once you select the correct title the movie plays perfectly.

Iron Man
    Menu- No ("Paramount Studios" opening video plays, language selection menu works then you are returned to MyVideo)
    Title- OK (2 to choose from. First title is obvious choice).
    num_bdj_titles: 65
    Notes.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    Menu- No (copyright warning then black screen. MP still responding so pressing stop works).
    Title- OK (Only a single title to choose).
    num_bdj_titles: 0
    Notes.
    Another VC-1 movie so same chapter selection/ skip issue with Arcsoft decoder as other VC-1 movies.

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    As per "Fellowship of the Ring"

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    As per "Fellowship of the Ring"

Notes.
    All three LotR's movies are from the original BD boxset release.

Sherlock Holmes
    Menu- No ("Warner Brothers" video plays then you are returned to MyVideos)
    Title- OK (4 titles to choose from. First is directors commentry. Second is the normal movie)
    num_bdj_titles: 7
    Notes.
    Another VC-1 movie.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    Title - OK (Only a single title to choose).
    Notes.

Tron: Legacy
    Menu- No (Unable to play index.bdmv message)
    Title- OK (Only a single title to choose).
    num_bdj_titles: 2
    Notes.

General Notes/ Observations
    1. Changing the VC-1 decoder from Arcsoft to LAV Video seems to fix the seek/skip issues. Haven't tried any others yet.
    2. No forced subtitles (either manual selectable or automatic). I guess this feature will be added in a future release?
    3. No way to have full subtitles default to off. Again I hope this option will be added over time.
    4. I do understand that the lack of menu success is down to there being no BD-J support but I posted the results because the behaviour can vary from disc to disc. Would probably be good if this could be standardised in time.

Hope this little lot is useful. If you want me to clarify any of the things I've found please let me know.

I've still got a few more movies to test. Will post the results when I've finished.

All the best,

Mick.

matpe

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I did a quick test on this pc using the bluray player on the HTPC over the network, didn’t work so well!

What kind of issues there were? I have all my Blu-ray's stored on the server - 100mbit network connection between the server and dev PC and there is no issues or differences when playing the local disks.

I have to test that again then, but i thought it would be better to test directly on the HTPC to avoid problems with streaming, and maybe the bluray rom works different when on another PC?

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tourettes
    Can you please describe which information you need exactly e.g. which logs, which tests we should do and so on...

I can provide you with information on the following BluRay:

The Godfather 1-3
    Green Zone
    Batman Begins, Batman: The Dark Knight
    American Gangster
    Rome (tv show)
    The Champ
    and a few more

matpe

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I did a quick test on this pc using the bluray player on the HTPC over the network, didn’t work so well!

What kind of issues there were? I have all my Blu-ray's stored on the server - 100mbit network connection between the server and dev PC and there is no issues or differences when playing the local disks.

I have to test that again then, but i thought it would be better to test directly on the HTPC to avoid problems with streaming, and maybe the bluray rom works different when on another PC?

The rock, menu seems to work ok, but the movie was stuttering a lot.
    Thin Red Line, menu didn’t work, title work, but stuttering.
    Thin Red Line works great if i start the index.bdmv in MPC-HC, so i don’t think it’s a network problem (1000mbit).
    Using Lav for everything.
    I will install on the HTPC tonight :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Seems that there would be quite big amount of BD-J based disks that have been tested. When ever a menu mode fails, please check following:

BDJO -folder is present on disk
    JAR -folder has some content (.jar files)
    Following logging is present in the BDReader.log (num_bdj_titles is bigger than zero)

num_bdj_titles: 1

Please provide that information (by updating the previous posts in this thread).

I think we need to move the test results to wiki, so everyone is able to add and update own results.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just tested @ 1920x1080 (fullscreen) and get the same menu corruption as before. Log attached.

Unfortunately logs are not helping in cases when there is some rendering errors.

Let me know if you want that sample.

Sample makes fixing things nore than ten times faster.

To create a sample following steps should be used:

1) Copy all other folders from the blu-ray disk than the STREAM. Make sure the folder structure is exactly the same as in the disk itself

2) Copy all smaller .m2ts files from the STREAM as well.

3) The bigger .m2ts files needs to be trimmed down in size (30 seconds would be enough)
    a) use HJSplit for Windows to cut a file (take only the 1st part, no need for the rest)
    b) abuse FTP connection and upload only part of the file

4) Test the partial blu-ray (movie should work as it worked from the disk - no other difference than the main movie and some longer extras aren't playing to the end)

5) Upload the partial blu-ray disk to blu-ray_samples/(movie_name) folder in:

Address: 188.40.65.249
    Login: tsdump@team-mediaportal.com
    Password: mpuser88

Unfortunately there is no better way (unless people are willing to send blu-way disks in mail - but I cannot send those back so this would be probably possible for some of the cheap movies, found from the bargain sales).

Hi tourettes,

I've uploaded the working sample you requested.

I found if I split either 00001.m2ts or 00002.m2ts the menu option didn't work at all in MP (although it did in Arcsoft TMT) hence the bigger size than should have been necessary.

Hope I've done it correctly :). It seems to work as per the full movie for me.

Cheers,

Mick

Seems that there would be quite big amount of BD-J based disks that have been tested. When ever a menu mode fails, please check following:

BDJO -folder is present on disk
    JAR -folder has some content (.jar files)
    Following logging is present in the BDReader.log (num_bdj_titles is bigger than zero)

num_bdj_titles: 1

Please provide that information (by updating the previous posts in this thread).

I think we need to move the test results to wiki, so everyone is able to add and update own results.

Just so I understand :)

You would like the BDReader.log "num_bdj_titles:" entry appended to each title tested or just an indication of whether the BDJO and/or JAR folders have content?

Sorry to be thick.

Cheers,

Mick.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Just so I understand :)

You would like the BDReader.log "num_bdj_titles:" entry appended to each title tested or just an indication of whether the BDJO and/or JAR folders have content?

Just indication if some of those are present (all should be present or not). num_bdj_titles might be the easiest and safest one to check. If it is greater than zero -> disk contains at least partial BD-J content (few initial language menus could be HDVM based and still work... after that the playback in menu mode could stop and MP returns to My Videos view).

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Saw this thread today, I will run the setup on one of my PC, and test. This is great, been waiting for this for long time. Keep up the good work.

Kjartan

matpe

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

The rock, menu seems to work ok, but the movie was stuttering a lot.
    Thin Red Line, menu didn’t work, title work, but stuttering.
    Thin Red Line works great if i start the index.bdmv in MPC-HC, so i don’t think it’s a network problem (1000mbit).
    Using Lav for everything.
    I will install on the HTPC tonight :)

I did an install on the HTPC, and there the movies play fine :)
    This is the titles i tested so far.

Thin Red Line
    Menu NO
    Title YES
    Num_bdj_titles 4

The Rock
    Menu YES
    Num_bdj_titles 0

Wild at Heart
    Menu NO (plays universal logo and goes back to MP)
    Title YES
    Num_bdj_titles 55

Blade Runner
    Menu YES
    Num_bdj_titles 0
    (if I bring up the menu, and then try to resume video i don’t get back to video, have to stop playback to get back to MP).

Reservoir Dogs
    Menu YES
    Num_bdj_titles 0

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    Menu NO (unable to play Video AVC Audio AC-3)
    Title YES
    Num_bdj_titles 0

The Getaway (1972)
    Menu YES
    Num_bdj_titles 0

Menu YES
    Num_bdj_titles 0

Foo Fighters Live at Wembley Stadium
    Menu YES (Menu comes up but hangs, have to ctrl+alt+delete to shut down MP).
    Titles YES
    Num_bdj_titles 0

U2 360
    Menu YES
    Num_bdj_titles 4 ???

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom