este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Native Blu-ray support

hi,

can i use the download file with an 1,2.1 server?

thx :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Native Blu-ray support

can i use the download file with an 1,2.1 server?

No - and I wouldn't recommend current version of the Blu-ray support to be tested on any living room HTPC :) Purely because it affects some other parts as well. Of course better the more the testing it receives, but at least you have been warned :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have added Blu-ray disk compatibility status lists in following posts:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/808007-post3.html
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/808008-post4.html

Please, we need more feedback - with current speed we can reach the mature state at earliest in year 2014.

You didn't add my "Alien Anthology" or "Back To The Future Trilogy" to the list. Both played back fine in title mode, since both menus are BD-J.

As you can see - keeping such list(s) are quite big task and they can fall out of sync pretty soon. Added those two movies.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    As you can see - keeping such list(s) are quite big task and they can fall out of sync pretty soon. Added those two movies.

suggestion: make list in wiki, then all users participating in test can add it themselves.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have added Blu-ray disk compatibility status lists in following posts:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/808007-post3.html
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/808008-post4.html

Please, we need more feedback - with current speed we can reach the mature state at earliest in year 2014.

When an installer for 1.2.1 is released I'll be able to give feedback.

All installers will be based on the Blu-ray support branch in GIT (https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/FEAT-3758-Implement_Blu-ray_playback_support). That branch is using the GIT master branch that is 1.2.1 + few fixes at the currently.

There wont be any 1.2.1 installer that is adding Blu-ray support (not even a test version) since it would require huge extra effort to keep two branches in sync (there is already one extra development branch...).

So, sorry to say but you either have to wait or test at some PC that is not in daily use. The more there are people who just wait the longer the wait grows :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Am I doing anything wrong with the installer cos' it tells me there's an existing mp installation and something about not able to upgrade a svn version. I can only choose new installation and all that does is re-configuring my firewall.

I'm on 1.2.1 but installer says something about 1.2.0

You can install it as upgrade (and you can revert it after), when starting main installer, you have to go on %temp% folder inside mediaportal and deploy.

You can start installation from here to upgrade both MP and TV, the revision version shown will not be 1.2.1 but like Tourette say, it's an 1.2.1 + somes fix :)

If you want to goback on 1.2.1, do the same by starting 1.2.1 final installer (going temp folder) if the upgrade was not selectable.

About TV part nothing has change, only MP side has been touch.

Seb.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    You can install it as upgrade (and you can revert it after), when starting main installer, you have to go on %temp% folder inside mediaportal and deploy.

You can start installation from here to upgrade both MP and TV, the revision version shown will not be 1.2.1 but like Tourette say, it's an 1.2.1 + somes fix :)

If you want to goback on 1.2.1, do the same (going temp folder) if the upgrade was not selectable.

Unfortunately such upgrade could cause some false issues to be reported (config or database changes in future), so I wouldn't advice and all the error reports that are coming from such installs need to be reproduced on a clean install before we can be sure it is a bug.

About TV part nothing has change, only MP side has been touch.

There are some subtitle related changes and there will be more (TsReader) in future.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom