Need help setting up home screen for moving pictures (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

So I am still learning about MP streamed skin (which is really cool), but I am having some problems with how the movies are displayed when I start moving pictures. First, when I created the home screen for streamed skin, I set the moving pictures to start on the recently added setting. This is great, however when I launched media portal and navigate to moving pictures, I cannot seem to figure out how to change to the all view. I tried hitting the menu on the right, but can only change between the way that the movies are displayed (film strip, cover flow etc.) not really change to all movies. I can filter them within the recently added group by year or genera, but again cannot get all movies. Only when I change the setting in the home menu creator of MP streamed can I switch it back to all movies.

Is this how it is how it should work? Is there a menu that I am not finding?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think what you are better off doing is creating a main menu item without any parameters so it loads into the list of categories. Then create a submenu which takes you to different categories.

In MovingPictures there is no button that takes you to the main category view.

some1

Portal Member
    March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    noticed the same thing when i begun to use basic home screen.
    I don't think there is a way to fix that at the moment (would be great though)
    what you can do to get around it is to start playing any movie from the "recent added movies" and immidiatly press stop.
    Then when you hit the back button you will find yourself at the root of movin pictures.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    what you can do to get around it is to start playing any movie from the "recent added movies" and immidiatly press stop.
    Then when you hit the back button you will find yourself at the root of movin pictures.
    That's actually a bug in MovingPictures, and should be reported.

What you could suggest to MovingPictures teams is that there is a setting which locks you into the category when using loading parameters (which it does now), if disabled then on BACK it could show you root categories screen instead.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the help guys. So for now I'll try the couple of suggestions to work around the issue.

I don't quite understand why when I use MPStreamed that MyTVSeries seems to have the option of changing the customized views from within the GUI, but Moving pictures does not, but when I use the default blue skin I can change the customized views for Moving pictures (e.g. I can get to the root menu to then sort by ).

This seems more like a skin issue than a Moving Pictures issue. Am I understanding how these work?

Thanks
    Steve

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry, you misunderstand how it works.

In Default skin there is no way for it to be configured to jump to a category so it will always show you the root menu. In StreamedMP you have chosen to jumpto a view so it bypasses it...if you dont want to do that then you should clear the loading parameter as I originally suggested, you can always create a sub-menu which jumps to a category from homescreen.

TVSeries might have a view button but it doesnt have a root menu, not all plugins behave the same and have different functionalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom