.net 2 Win XP x64 (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
Does this mean now that .net 2 is out that there will start to be 2 concurrent releases of Media portal down the track one for 32bit and one for 64bit? Is that going to be the plan?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

as far as i understood this whole 64bit and .NET thing, there is no need for a MP64 version.

.NET applications run in a virtual machine, the .NET framework. As long as this framework uses 64bit, all applications running within this framework will automatically use also 64bit. Sou you just have to install .NET 2.0 64bit.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...00-acf8-4fa1-affb-40e78d788b00&DisplayLang=en

HTH, Flip.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    at the moment no devs have x64 processors (and running Windows x64 Edition) ...i believe Smirnuff whill be getting one very soon ..so then we will have 1 x64 developer and 1 x64 tester (me)

the latest cvs(from the 6th NOV 2005 on) dont seem to work on Windows x64..even with the x64 .net 2.0..

if we have any news of a dedicated x64 version of MP we will definitely let u know

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,
    NightmareRambo77 said:
    thanks guys, would be kinda of keen to see how the performance goes
    I haven't got any 64 bit system and I haven't been able to test current CVS a lot with .Net 2.0, but for me it's much faster than before the switch to 2.0. So it's definitely a step forward. :)

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before installing the x64, but not sure it that would make any difference! I am currently testing an improved version but at this point it is still not clear how or when a fixed x64 version will be available.
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before...
    Windows 11 23h2 1) MP 1.32 Final x64 Fresh install does not work and fails during the install "MySQL Start Service Exception". The...
    Replies
    Views
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom