Netflix for OnlineVideos (2 Viewers)

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is the BrowserPlayer in windowed mode or is the video content not maximized? In Sweden videos fill the whole browser window on Netflix hence there is no reason to send the video to full screen, but it's doable.

The browser opens in windowed mode, but within that window the movie fills the entire window. It just looks weird seeing the taskbar at the bottom while watching a movie. Other than that it works amazingly.

Rob

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it possible to make the Netflix window launch on a secondary monitor? It's where I have MediaPortal running but the Netflix video seems to always show up on the primary monitor.
    Well I don't know. It probably needs to implemented in the Browser Host.
    I know that sometimes applications automatically opens on the same monitor as it was closed the last time it was use (but i think the application developer needs to save this information to the registry (trough some kind of abstraction of course). Can you shift+win+arrow the window to the correct monitor? If so does the program open in the same monitor the next time?

Is there any way to hide the password while typing and in MediaPortal's
    Yes there is! I didn't know there was, but some snooping in other site utils gave me some concrete examples. But be aware they are saved in plain text in configuration (MediaPortal.xml)! Something to think about when producing logs for reports.

p750mmx

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all!
    Problems
    Browser Player does not close properly

There seems to be a recurring problem with the browser player not exiting correctly. If Mediaportal does not restore/reappear after playback have ended, look for the process "OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost" in the task manager and kill it. Not the way it should work, hope to resolve this problem ASAP.
    Happens on my system also. Not every time and I'm trying some different Netflix, Silverlight and process settings, but up till now I can't put my finger on the right spot. I also add both MediaPortal dir's as excluded for Windows Defender. Didn't help.

System; Nuc with i3 and HD 4000, Windows 8.1 Pro 64b, MePo 1.9. Everything else up to date.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The browser opens in windowed mode, but within that window the movie fills the entire window. It just looks weird seeing the taskbar at the bottom while watching a movie. Other than that it works amazingly.

It is just the task bar visible except from the video, no frames?
    Does it help If you in Mediaportal configuration (General -> Startup/Resume Settings) enable the "Hide taskbar in fullscreen mode".[DOUBLEPOST=1412281071][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Happens on my system also. Not every time and I'm trying some different Netflix, Silverlight and process settings, but up till now I can't put my finger on the right spot. I also add both MediaPortal dir's as excluded for Windows Defender. Didn't help.
    I've made other sites using the BrowserPlayer, non of which have this problem. There is no problem with your configuration, it is something else that's fishy.

Last edited:

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello everybody,

I registered to Netflix this evening and did some test, but very quickly, no much time for me. This is working except some strange behavior that I'll analyze and post later when I'll have time to do real test.
    For the moment we can say that it works in France as well!

3 things :
    -I did not manage to see info about the film before seeing it
    - I'm totally in full screen
    - I have a HD choice at the bottom right of the screen but unable to activate it : mouse is . invisible and I find no way using the remote control. This is important for me

One again, I'll manage to post a better review!

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    -I did not manage to see info about the film before seeing it
    This is "by design" To get extra meta data it would require one request per title, if I would do this in the listings it would load much slower. Further more it was out of precaution, the more data to parse the greater risk of not working everywhere. I might take a look at this later on but not in this early stage.

I have a HD choice at the bottom right of the screen but unable to activate it : mouse is . invisible and I find no way using the remote control. This is important for me
    Well the resolution is dynamically set by the Netflix (web site) player. If you go to your Netflix account settings you can specify your preference (I think it called something like data usage - not video quality).

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    with web browser Netflix/silverlight there is a popup to enable fullscreen video on a secondary display. not sure if this applies

Attachments

• NetflixFireFox.PNG
      NetflixFireFox.PNG
      499.4 KB

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've published a new version. It hides your password and bluntly kills the OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost process on closing.

p750mmx

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    - I have a HD choice at the bottom right of the screen but unable to activate it : mouse is . invisible and I find no way using the remote control. This is important for me
    When you see the HD icon, the stream is available in HD and during watching the icon changes from grey to more white. You can see the quality changing if you Internet connection is fast enough.

You can change some settings within your Netflix profile.

Playback Settings
    Data Usage per Screen
    • Auto
    • Low (basic video quality, up to 0.3 GB per hour)
    • Medium (standard video quality, up to 0.7 GB per hour)
    • High (best video quality, up to 3 GB per hour for HD, 7 GB per hour for Ultra HD)
    Preferences
    • Play next episode automatically
    • Prefer HTML5 player instead of Silverlight

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom