Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    not sure if this applies
    Not really applicable (I do not maximize the silverlight player). Earlier when developing another site I tried send the silverlight video to full screen but I couldn't get it work nicely, e.g. remote control problems and video on top problems. But it might work as a workaround for multiple monitors (which I don't have...).

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Many thanks to all for your help about HD, I'll try that.

About film info I understand what you mean.

Great work

edit : i went to my account setting and was able to see the preferences for HD, great. There was also a check box "prefer html5 over silverlight" that i uncheck as adviced previously by @revs in the thread. I'm under win7 not win8. i'll do tests with and without

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for your work!I have waited with Netflix until now since the MP hasn't supported it fully. I just started the free trial here in Sweden and started a kids movie without issues. However, I use WifiRemote for controlling MP and the arrow keys, pause, previous etc. don't work.

Sending the arrow keys with WifiRemote one can see from the WifiRemote info message that focused item in the Online video menu changes during movie playback. Also no now playing info is sent with WifiRemote.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for your work!I have waited with Netflix until now since the MP hasn't supported it fully. I just started the free trial here in Sweden and started a kids movie without issues. However, I use WifiRemote for controlling MP and the arrow keys, pause, previous etc. don't work.

Sending the arrow keys with WifiRemote one can see from the WifiRemote info message that focused item in the Online video menu changes during movie playback. Also no now playing info is sent with WifiRemote.

I don't know how WifiRemote works, I know it is a plugin for mediaportal and that it is operating over sockets streams and I guess that it does not emulate key presses from a "real" remote or keyboard and then let mediaportal take these event to map to different Actions. Wifi remote might send the corresponding Action directly to the GUI thread of MP (speculations...) and the web browser process (BrowserPlayer) have no "hook" for these events.

The movie info might also come from the GUI thread?

I think you know more about WifiRemote than me (well because you are @johanj ...) and @Jason Pyke know more about the remote/hid/keyboard handling of the BrowserPlayer than me. I'm only using this to make sites.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, WifiRemote send the buttons to MediaPortal.GUI.Library:

GUIGraphicsContext.form.Invoke(d, new object[] { button });

Now playing info checks g_Player when the now playing messages are sent.

I understand why these things are not working, just wondering if there is a workaround within MP. I can workaround it myself and send commands using something else than WifiRemote but that will not be used in MP iViewer.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @johanj : (I'm NOT asking you to solve anything, analyze code or coming up with ideas! JUST: ) If you are interested you can always take a peak at the source code to get the hang of how it works, you might see something obvious and a simple fix.

BrowserPlayer
    https://code.google.com/p/mp-online....MediaPortal1/Player/WebBrowserVideoPlayer.cs

BrowserUtilConnector
    https://code.google.com/p/mp-online...lineVideos/Sites/Base/BrowserUtilConnector.cs

BrowserHost
    https://code.google.com/p/mp-onlinevideos2/source/browse/#svn/trunk/OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost

(Site util interface: https://code.google.com/p/mp-online...neVideos/Sites/Interfaces/IBrowserSiteUtil.cs)

Do WifiRemote work with other external players?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I took a look at the BrowserPlayer code and it seems like "GUIWindowManager_OnNewAction" on line 109 should send keystrokes using
    "System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys.Send" I didn't see any logging in that file, could you add a log line so we see what are sent?

I just installed Online Videos and Netflix site on my bedroom HTPC that haven't been used in a long while. I noticed that it's not possible to enter credentials for Netflix after installing Online Videos and Netflix site, the setup fields are blank. One need to update the sites inside MP/Online Videos first. Could be good to add to setup instructions.

I have issues with Netflix site in OV right now on both pcs. When entering the plugin I get "Error getting dynamic categories". Trying a few times and I get in but only to see the "My list", the other give the same error with dynamic categories.

This worked fine yesterday. When using IE outside MP it works fine.

[Edit] Now it seems to be the Netflix site in general that has problem, probably not related to the OV plugin

Last edited:

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    The remote handling for the browser host was actually added in by someone else, basically the browser host now subscribes to the standard MediaPortal action handling (instead of the send keys bit you found above). I guess I should remove that send keys bit at some point.

You can take a look at the browser form to see if there's anything obvious missing:

https://code.google.com/p/mp-online...deos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost/BrowserForm.cs

I don't know how the remote handling works in MePo I'm afraid, but the current set up seems to be working for most cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom