Netflix for OnlineVideos (5 Viewers)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I also tested Jasons update were the matched remote commands were passed to the external player. It worked fine apart from the backspace key that was missed to be matched so one can't skip in the media(pressing pause/play works though). Jason wanted to implement the passing of remote commands in a more generic way so all events will be passed to the external player.

I do not see any big issue with that one still navigates in MP at the same time as navigating the external player. One could potentially start new Netflix media (if using the arrow keys and pressing ok) in Online Videos but that seems not to be possible when something already is playing in the external player.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

My Netflix is opening on another monitor than MP is running.. Anyone a suggestion maybe? Also when I open Internet Explorer to the screen mediaPortal is running at, and start MP with Netflix, it still opens on the wrong monitor..

Is it just Internet Explorer that this plugin uses? If I know the exact .exe file I can configure it that it Always runs at a specific monitor (I think that there is software for that). Even if it is Internet Explorer, I could use another browser for my other monitors..

I think you can use UltraMon to assign startup monitor for an application, but it's neither free nor open. The browser application is MP_INSTALL_DIR\MediaPortal\plugins\windows\onlinevideos\OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe

Thanks for the suggestion.. Will see if this works! Will report it after testing.. (y)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the suggestion.. Will see if this works! Will report it after testing.. (y)
    I have tried it but can't get it to work. The only thing you can do with Ultramon (atleast for this part) is creating a shortcut, and force this shortcut to launch on another monitor. But I cannot replace the exe file with a shortcut as this will not work. But I will try some more things first. Any suggestions are welcome!

Cheers

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    EventGhost is free and can move windows when they launch. I haven't tested it with OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe yet though...

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    @johanj, @Ministerk Thanks for checking the remote handling - I'll try and work on it to make it more robust. It's a bit of a shame that WiFi remote hooks directly in to the actions of MePo, presumably if it had used standard remote handling it would have been disabled by the InputDevices.Stop(). I'll see if there's an easy way of preventing the background actions while I'm in there, although I doubt there is.

On the monitor switching - I think I should be able to get it working directly in the browser host, I just need to find some time to do it. Hopefully I'll have both of these thing sorted towards the end of this week/start of next.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys when I set up my netflix account at my mp I could use different profiles to get different languages (englisch and german).
    Unfortunately I now encounter the problem (don't know if anything has been changed from the netflix side) that my english account
    displays everything in english but playback will always start in german. When I navigate with the mouse to the on screen menu
    I can see that german is checked and the it is in the second row. English is above but unchecked.
    So how do I get english being used always as priority no. 1? (language settings are set to english of course)

Edit: I can change that with my mouse but at the next occasion everything will be german again...

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey guys when I set up my netflix account at my mp I could use different profiles to get different languages (englisch and german).
    Unfortunately I now encounter the problem (don't know if anything has been changed from the netflix side) that my english account
    displays everything in english but playback will always start in german. When I navigate with the mouse to the on screen menu
    I can see that german is checked and the it is in the second row. English is above but unchecked.
    So how do I get english being used always as priority no. 1? (language settings are set to english of course)

Edit: I can change that with my mouse but at the next occasion everything will be german again...
    Are you experiencing the same behavior in a(nother) browser on a different computer? If you get original language there you might want to try to empty cookies and cache in IE on your MP machine.

Any other German user out there who experiencing the same behavior ?

In Sweden we don't have the "tradition" to dub movies (subtitles ftw) so this situation would not occur here...

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Anyone know if this works well for USA Netflix?
    The only feedback I've got is from @Calsi and he could not log in. I gave him some things to try out, but he haven't reported back. Why don't you try (if you have an account off course...)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't have an account yet but thinking of getting one if this works. I've been waiting for a reliable solution. I didn't want to use an HDMI stick as that means switching inputs on the TV and we don't currently use the TV remote for anything.

Also wondering if pause, skip steps, or fast forward/rewind are available using a remote (normal Mediaportal functions)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom