Netflix for OnlineVideos (4 Viewers)

sPiel

Portal Pro
January 5, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm really excited about this plugin. I am able to log in and browses videos, however when I start a video I get .net error. Is there a specific .net version I need?

Error is: unhandled execption has occured etc.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm really excited about this plugin. I am able to log in and browses videos, however when I start a video I get .net error. Is there a specific .net version I need?
    Error is: unhandled execption has occured etc.
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Is it a windows error message?
    Do you have Internet Explorer installed?

Prerequisite
    Internet Explorer 10+
    Silverlight must be installed on the computer
    Disable HTML5 player in your account settings if you're on win8.1+(HTML5 Video in IE 11 on Windows 8.1)
    Netflix subscription

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

sPiel

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've just had to roll back my machine. To try this out, I had to install windows 7 sp1 (my install has been running perfectly so it hasn't been updated like, ever) for ie 11.

Since upgrading I was getting heaps of mepo errors when playing video. So an emergency roll back was needed to preserve my marriage :)

I'll do a full back up some time and try a fresh install.

Thanks for the help though.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    There's problems with Netflix for OnlineVideos right now. It seems Netflix changing the website "under the hood", also it seem there's some kind of Canary release/deployment, since not all my clients behaves in a deterministic way. I'm on it but it testing some stuff as I type... But work tomorrow and its 1:30 am here in Sweden.... Need to sleep soon.

At the moment you cannot change profile and there is problems with search and content that are "Netflix original series". The other stuff should work.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well now I have updated Netflix, I hope it works for you all!
    I have added som new functionality, descriptions for separate titles, you can also enable descriptions in listings if you'd like (this slows things down; one extra call per item in list). Also there is the (experimental) possibility to "Watch Now" in the My List Category, meaning Netflix tries to play where you stopped the last time, e.g. you are watching Orange is the new black and the next episode for you to watch is 2x02 then this episode will automatically play.

All new features are turned of by default by design, the might not work every where.

If you enable "Watch Now" it might be a good idea to empty IE cache and cookies (if it does not work as expected).

I have not fully tested this release but I thought since some of the basics did not work I made the decision to release it anyways.

(Sorry for spelling and grammatical errors, did not proof read... now time for bed!!!!)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Awsome work being done here:)

Can somebody explain, how/if we can get remote support (CEC-remote)?

What about toogling Audio/Subtitles? (Kids only understand danish for now :) )

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can somebody explain, how/if we can get remote support (CEC-remote)?
    Might work in the next release of OnlineVideos, @Jason Pyke has made a heroic effort to get WifiRemote working with the Browser Player and it's a big possibility this could work with CEC also.

What about toogling Audio/Subtitles? (Kids only understand danish for now )
    No plans for this. If you change to a kids profile you get native language in audio and no subtitles (in Sweden at least).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom